Can cheek implants help support the cheeks better?

and also, Should I get cheek implants, or something else for sagging cheeks at a young age?thank you very much, sorry for all the questions!

Cheek implants and facial support

+3

Cheek implants are an excellent idea. At a young age I would steer away from a facelift if possible.. I put cheek implants in from under the lip so there is no visible scar. They do elevate and tighten the skin across the mid-face. I have found that in young people and those with somewhat flat looking cheeks that cheek implants are a fantastic and easy procedure. I do them in the office operating room under local anesthesia in about 1 hour.

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Will cheek implants support the cheeks?

+2

Cheek implants are a very good option to shape and augment the cheeks. This is a brief surgical procedure during which a permanent implant is placed over the cheekbone. Many shapes and sizes are available depending upon a person's specific needs. Fillers such as Radiesse can also achieve similar results on a temporary basis following a brief office procedure. In some cases, people want to try filler first to "test drive" the idea of cheek augmentation before committing to surgery. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Treatment for sagging cheeks

+1

In my opinion, longer lasting fillers such as Radiesse or Sculptra have many advantages over cheek implants. One obvious advantage is that surgery is not required. Another is that you can get either a rapid or a gradual correction depending upon how many syringes you have injected and you can decide as you go exactly how much correction looks good. Another advantage is that cheek implants may no longer look good in an aging face as it changes over the years. Touch up treatments for fillers can be modified over many years to better fit the aging face.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Cheek augmentation

+1

Cheek augmentation is accomplished by inserting a Silastic implant through intramural approach correctly over the front of the maxilla to give more projection to the cheeks themselves. Cheek implants are manufactured in a variety of sizes and shapes which is best determined at the time of the consultation. The implants are in excellent alternative when a flat cheek/ maxilla is present. For examples please see our photo gallery link below