Cheek Implants or Fillers? (photo)

I would rather have cheeky face with high cheek bones than gaunt sunken cheeks. What should i do? Should i get Fillers or cheek implants? I am 21 is it too young for Implants? and can implants help you get the cheeky face besides raising the cheek bones? Can Implants make your face more symmetrical?

Cheek Implants or Fillers?

+1

Both implants and fillers can be used to improve cheek projection, contour, and symmetry. The advantage of implants is that they are permanent, an important consideration for a young lady like yourself. You definitely are not too young to improve facial proportions.

Cheek implants or fillers

+1

At your age, I would definitely think about getting temporary fillers to ensure that you're happy with the resulting appearance. It is simpler, safer and cheaper. ~ Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Fuller cheeks

+1

You should be assessed by a plastic surgeon to see if fillers would give you the result you desire or if implants would be necessary.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Cheek implants versus fillers

+1

Cheek implants and fillers can both add volume to the cheek bone area as well as other areas of the cheeks.  In regards to you in particular, you definitely do not have sunken cheeks.  I would not recommend using any fillers or implants on the lower portion of your cheeks.  I honestly wouldn't recommend any added volume to your cheek bones either.  If you were set on getting more prominent cheek bones, you could either try using a little bit of a filler to see what it would look like and you could always have a small malar implant placed later if you wished.  Twenty-one is not too young to have implants or fillers placed if you decided to do that.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon