Cheek implants or filler? Will this correct bags and shadowing on upper cheek?

I have very week cheek bones and i wanting to get them enhanced. Im thinking about cheek implants as they are supposed to be sharper looking then filler. I have bags/line at the top of my cheeks and it causes a shadow and makes me look super tired. Would cheek enhancement correct that in my situation?

+2
Yes, you are definitely a candidate for cheek augmentation.  You may use either fillers or implants, but your malar area is very flat, so cheek implants are probably the best option for you.  A masculine looking implant would give you fullness and angularity.  Yes, some of the tiredness will be gone.  I have added a link to a masculine looking face that was enhanced.

Cheek implants or filler

+1
I am now getting patients who are fed up coming back for regular cheek injections. In Canada, we have had Voluma that lasts 2 years  in the cheeks. It is great!! Those that are needle-phobic we can offer Mid face cheek implants. However, a couple of patients want further augmentation following cheek implants as the implants did not fully improve the full contour of the cheek that they wanted.

David A. F. Ellis, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cheek implants, bags on upper cheek

+1
You are a good candidate for cheek implants. I think they will also improve the bag/line at the top of your cheeks that you describe (as opposed to eyebags, which are a different thing altogether).

Roy Ng, FRCS(Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon

Cheek Augmentation

+1
Cheek augmentation will improve your facial contour and proportion. In a young person like yourself I usually recommend permanent correction with an implant rather than injection of fat or fillers. The implants are designed in many sizes and shapes to meet the needs of each individual patient.

Cheek implants to correct shallow and weak cheekbones

+1
Cheek implants are an excellent way to augment the normal cheekbones when there is loss of bone or soft tissue.  Cheek implants are manufactured in a variety of sizes and shapes( malar and sub-malar) and are inserted during Intra-oral approach under brief general anesthetic. The cheek implants will not make  your eyelid bags better or worse. For many examples, diagrams and more information, please see the link below

Cheek implants, fat grafts, and fillers will all accomplish the same goals.

+1
Many thanks for your question and good pictures. Your question is a good one and your pictures do demonstrate that you have some flatness in the malar areas. In order to obtain more fullness in the cheeks and better facial 

Henry Mentz, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon