Cheek Implants or Cheek Lift For Facelift?

It doesn't seem like there is much of a differnce in "general" regarding cheek implants and a cheek lift (mid face lift). I am wondering would BOTH be necessary OR just ONE or the OTHER? Please help, I cannot get my thoughts around it??

Cheeck lift or implants

+2

Very good question. To simplify, if you have volume that has descended then a cheek lift will do. If you never had volume in that area an implant may be necessary.

Dr Siegel

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cheek implants vs cheek lift

+1

Cheek implants work better than a lift since there is loss of volume in the aging process.  Cheek implants fill that volume loss.

Cheek implants, cheek lift or fat grafting to enhance cheek area

+1

A wide variety of facial implants are currently available for the enhancement of the skeletal elements of facial aesthetics. The most commonly used facial implants are used to enhance the profile of the chin and the cheeks. Facial implants very widely not only in shape and style, but also in terms of the materials from which they are fabricated.

My preference is to use structural fat grafting, as much as possible, to enhance facial features. In many cases, the need for a solid implant can be eliminated by the careful and meticulous grafting of a patient's own fat. While the incidence of complications with facial implants is not high, certain problems may develop which require implant removal including infection and implant migration. Bone resorption (bone loss) has also been reported below solid facial implants. Neither of these problems are an issue with structural fat grafting.

For enhancement of the cheek bone area, I rely exclusively on structural fat grafting. Careful and meticulous fat grafting not only avoids some of the potential complications of solid cheek implants, but it also allows more precise 'customization' of the aesthetic improvement that can be obtained for each individual patient. It is also my opinion that structural fat grafting produces a more natural-appearing enhancement of the cheek area than what is generally achieved through the placement of solid implants over the cheekbone.

Web reference: http://www.michaellawmd.com

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Cheek implans will lift and the intent is to lift with a cheek lift

+1

They are not the same. One is pulling your cheeks upwards and the other is filling in your cheeks with implants. Both are inferior to volumizing with fat. Fat injections could be your best option.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Regarding: "Cheek Implants or Cheek Lift For Facelift?
It doesn't seem like there is much of a differnce in "general" regarding cheek implants and a cheek lift (mid face lift). I am wondering would BOTH be necessary OR just ONE or the OTHER? Please help, I cannot get my thoughts around it
??"

Cheek implants come in MANY styles, types and dimensions. In addition, the cheeks can be treated with various lifts and grafting (fat and other fillers). The sheer bewildering number of options should indicate to you that there is no one superior or agreed upon method to enhance the appearance of the mid face and cheek areas.

Without examining you or at least looking at several photographs of your face and being told what you may want to look like, it is impossible to suggest any particular operations. When you walk into Lowe's or Home Depot and ask a salesperson which tool is the best WITHOUT telling him what job you have in mind the frustrating answer you set yourself up for is the "they are ALL good".

Which is the BEST option for you? We MUST start with specifics that only you can provide.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Cheek Lift or Implants

+1

If you have ptosis (sagging) of the cheeks a lift will reposition the soft tissues of the cheeks and improve contour. If there is no relaxation of the cheeks, an implant or fillers can be placed to enhance projection.  Without pictures we cannot provide specific advice for you.

Cheek lift or implants

+1

I am not a big fan of cheek implants becuase they can shift fairly easily. I prefer a facelift and then if needed secondarily facial fillers fat or hyaluronic acids to augment.