Will I See Final Results Immediately After Cheek Implants?

I recently had cheek implants. I wanted to know if the final results show instantly or weeks later?

Immediate difference after cheek implants

+1

Patients will notice any difference after receiving check implants. However, the difference that you notice right away will not be your ultimate result. After a cheek implant surgery patient should expect to have significant swelling to this area. Once the swelling subsides you'll see your final result. Techniques they can use to help minimize the swelling and allow for early resolution include the elevation of the head and placing cold compresses to this area as often as possible. By managing the swelling, you will be able to see your final results earlier and will also improve your comfort level.

Healing after cheek implants

+1

You will immediately see a volume enhancement after cheek implants but will have swelling also.  The swelling takes 3-4 months to totally subside but about 80% of the final result will be visible at one month. 

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Results after Cheek Implants

+1

You will see a change immediately after surgery. However, swelling will significantly decrease over the first 2 weeks. Final contour and definition will continue to improve during the next 2-3 months.

Takes at least a month for swelling to subside

+1

It takes at least a month for the swelling to subside enough after cheek implants when one can see the new definition of the cheeks. Full healing takes two to three months so that the final result may be obtained. The upper lip will tend to be slightly stiff for the first few weeks after the surgery until the swelling subsides.

No immediate rewards after cheek implants

+1

Cheek implants (malar and submalar) are usually very rewarding AFTER the initial swelling has subsided.

I am not sure when your procedure was performed but we routinely prepare our patients for 7 to 10 days of recovery before they START recognizing some of the improvements. Still, it will not be the final result though. It is this patience that makes recovery after cheek implants sometimes challenging.

Frank P. Fechner, MD
Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon