Would cheek implants benefit me?

I do not have strong cheekbones and I have an average jawline and I am wondering how much cheek implants could benefit my appearance. Would I be a good candidate for these implants and if so what would the cost be like?

Cheek implants

+1
I have no idea if you would be a candidate for cheek implants without the proper photos or a consultation. Generally speaking in my office conform implantech cheek implants are used and ordered in the size needed for a specific patient. The surgery is done with oral sedation and local anesthesia injections painlessly. The incision is under the lips and hidden. The whole process takes 30 minutes and you look great in one week. The implants are permanent but can always be removed if ever necessary. I charge about $5800.00 for the surgery and $300.00 for the implant

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cheek Implants can Create Definition

+1
For patients with weak cheekbones they can be due to:

1)  Weak bone structure
2)  Loss of fat or volume secondary to ageing
3)  Sagging of the cheek secondary to ageing

If you have weak bone structure, cheek implant can be a great option to add definition to the area.  They can also help the other 2 cause of weak cheek structure.

Please keep in mind that there are good non-surgical options to improve the cheek area will fillers.  Depending on a few factors, fat injection to the cheeks could also be an option.  

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cheek augmentation candidate

+1
 The primary goal of cheek implants is to augment a flat cheek area. Cheek implants are manufactured in a variety of sizes and shapes( malar and sub-malar), are composed of Silastic, and are inserted through an intra-oral approach under a brief general anesthetic. For many examples and more information, please see the link below

Determining Benefits Of Cheek Implants

+1
The best way to answer whether cheek implants would be beneficial is to have some computer imaging done. Imaging of cheek implants is difficult to get an accurate prediction but it is still a worthwhile exercise. You can also 'test' the cheek augmentation concept by having an injectable filler treatment. Fillers do not always create the same cheek effect as an implant, and the result is volume dependent, but it is non-surgical and is completely reversible.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD