Cheek Implant Revision, Can I Expect Less Swelling?

I had large ext malar implants (goretex)almost 2 years and had a lot of swelling which took several months to subside. Unfortunatley, I got an infection after developing a canker sore just 1 yr ago. I have had my implants removed and planning on getting a revision c. 5-6 months but with a medium size and was wondering if there will be less swelling as I would hate to endure all that swelling again! I believe the large were too big for my small, narrow face and may be why I had so much swelling?

More or less swelling with revision Cheek Implants?

+3

I have performed cheek augmentation with cheek implants for over 20 years and IMHO, you might want to reconsider using Goretex implants as they have, IMO a tendency to get infected years after placement for no apparent reason.  I only use silastic implants.  Because the cheek implants were completely removed, the revision cheek augmentation will likely have the typical degree of swelling.  If, on the other hand you were removing stable (not infected) implants and rerplacing them...the surgical pocket would already be created and thus be less swelling afterwards.  In your case, it's almost like starting over from scratch.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Hard to predict the future based on past

+1

It is hard to predict the future based on the past.  Just try and find the most experienced surgeon you can.

Web reference: http://www.facialplastics.info

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.