Cheek Implant Removal

Hello, I had the Implantech Large Trapezoid cheek implants put in approx 11 yrs (I was 24yrs old). I am interested in having them removed without replacement for personal reasons but am worried after so much time that I will have significant mid-face sagging. Do you think this might be the case? If so, what can be done to correct it? Also, would you recommend removal of the implant only (leaving the capsule behind) or a full capsulectomy? Thank you in advance for your reply!

Removal of Cheek implants

+1

Taking out silicone cheek implants is usually a simple procedure.  The capsule is usually not removed.

There can be a slight amount of lax skin but generally this is not the case.  You can have fillers placed to add volume back.  Good Luck, Dr. Taylor

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Cheek implant removal

+1
Since 11 years have passed since you had the original augmentation you may have laxity in the area after removal. I would leave the capsule in and just remove the implants. You may need to have some fat transfer to the area to restore some of the volume. Best regards!

Web reference: http://www.michaelelammd.com

Cheek Implant removal and subsequent loose face

+1

I have performed Cheek Augmentation with implants for over 20 years and have removed and replaced many implants.  I advise my patients seeking removal of old implants that unless the implants are 5mm's thick (projection) or more, it's unlikely that the implants stretched the tissues to a significant extent.  Your are 35 now and your face has aged from its shape and position at 24, so do keep that in mind.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Cheek implant removal is relative simple with silicone implants

+1

You can remove them and then carry out fat injections or put smaller ones in. Sometimes when you remove large implants you can get contracture that will cause your cheek to ball up. This phenomenon occurs in chin implants as well. The other alternative is to take out the implants and plan on fat injections to restore some of this volume. This can be done as early as one month. Although, I have done it as early as 2 weeks.

Thanks for reading, Dr Young

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon