Cheek Implant Infection Please Help

Dear doctors, I am despaired with my situation. 2 weeks ago my surgeon made a diagnosis of a possible infection. Afterwards I was on antibiotics (clindamycin) since last thursday. The symptoms resolved and everything was fine. I thougt I got it and the infection is gone. Then yesterday everything came back. I am swollen and warm. I was in the hope to call my surgeon and that he will remove the implants on tuesday but now he is abroad till monday and his representation is not a cosmetic surgeon.

Implant infection

+1

Once an implant gets infected, it has to be removed, then continue with antibiotics..................

Cheek Implant Infection Please Help

+1

You will need to have these out soon but meanwhile need antibiotics which can be prescribed by any physician. Follow up with your surgeon's office for referral.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon