Swelling After Cheek Implant and Buccal Fat Removal

Hi All. I Had Cheek Implant 2 1/2 Weeks Ago and Buccal Fat Removal. I'm still so much swollen and quite nervous whether this is common or not. Everybody is asking me if I got my wisdom teeth taken out. Although everything else is pretty normal as I have no fever and no other irregularities I feel doubtful.

I have the feeling the swelling is altering. One day the left side is more swollen and the next day the right hand side. Is that possible? Is there anything I could do to speed up the healing process or to relieve the swelling quicker? Many thanks

Prolonged Facial Swellling Is Normal With Cheek Implants

This amount of swelling after cheek implant placement and buccal fat removal is very common. Most patients will look like they have had their wisdom teeth out for a few weeks. There is always more facial swelling than most patients anticipate and it will last longer than you will like...but this is normal. The idea that the face will look normal after 2 or 3 weeks is not realistic for this procedure. You will look more non-surgical after a month postop but it really takes up to 3 months to look like you initially thought you would after 3 weeks.