Can Cheek/Facial Lipo Make my Face Toned and Masculine?

Hi! I'm a male, 5' 7" and only weigh 125 lb. However, I have a bit of an untoned face that kinda bothers me. It's not fat, butt I really want it to be more angled and masculine looking. Examples are like when slim-faced people smile, the sides of their face don't expand, rather their cheeks wrinkle. But for me, when I smile it kinda expands a little, not like a chipmunk face, but a baby face. Can cheek and facial lipo get rid of this and make my face more toned and masculine?

Trying to make face appear more masculine

+1

A buccal fat extraction, chin implant and neck liposuction may give you  a more gaunt angulated appearance if that is your request. Botox to the masseter would produce a thinnner jawline. I would otherwise avoid

Making the face thinner

+1

You have a few choices to help make the face thinner.  First, as you mention, liposuction can be used to reduce excess fat.  Second, you could have Botox injected into your masseter muscles to help thin them.  Third, you could have your buccal fat pads surgically removed.  In consultation with your plastic surgeon, you should be able to find a procedure which is best for you.  Good luck.

David Shafer, MD

Liposuction of the face

+1

Although liposuction of the face may be possible it is usually indicated for correction of jowling rather than to make a "baby face" appear more angulated. In person consultation with a plastic surgeon will steer you in the right direction.

Olivia Hutchinson, MD

Facial liposuction

+1

Think very carefully before you embark on such a procedure to make your face more angulated. As you age and lose fat, you will exacerbate the sunken-in appearance from the liposuction (should you undergo the procedure). This can make you look very sickly and it may not be easy to correct it adequately with fat injections.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Facial liposuction is a bad idea.

+1

Your facial shape is based on your facial bone structure,soft tissue and facial dimentions. For very specific patients the liposuction may be an option ,but not in your case. You need to arrange for a personal consultation and evaluation by board certifid plastic surgeon . In specific cases ,buccal fat removal is an option.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Cheek/Facial Lipo Make my Face Toned and Masculine

+1

Thanks for the one photo. But you need in detailed in person evaluation NOT over the internet evaluation. Seek 3 boarded surgeons to discuss thiis with you. My guess is no lipo but I could be wrong with more views on photos. 

Avoiding cheek liposuction is best.

+1

In 35 years of facial plastic surgery, I have seen so many patients who have had this done with no change or even worse abnormalities. Avoid this fat removal, you will need that fat in your faace later in life to look young.

You do have a bit of a round face.

+1

Dear Random

Before you go out and get facial liposuction there are other ways of enhancing your masculine features.  Consider a more angular, shorter and more masculine hair cut.  Alter your style of dress.  A clothing stylist or personal shopper available at store like Saks and Barney's can assist you with these types of choices.  Jaw line botox in the masseter muscle can also help shape the face.  Consider these approaches before you convince yourself that you need liposuction which may or may not achieve what you are looking for.