Cheek Augmentation with Fillers Vs Cheek Lift with Fillers?

Is there a difference between the two procedures? In terms of technique. Or are they essentially the same i.e cheek augmentation with fillers will give you a "lift" too and cheek lift will augment your cheekbones as well.

Fillers for Augmentation versus Lift in the Cheek. A Matter of semantics

+2

The area that we call the "cheek" can be divided into different zones.  Some fall over the cheek bones themselves (medial, central, and lateral), there is the area below the cheek bone (submalar area), and the tear trough. Filler can be placed in any or all of these locations to "augment" or to "lift" the cheek.  The technique is the same no matter what you call it.  I wouldn't get caught up in semantics of "lift" versus "augmentation". I would focus on consulting with an experienced injector who can customize a plan for you to achieve your goals. 

Fillers

+2

When ever fillers are used to augment the cheek it does give a minimal lift due to the volume put. So the two procedures you mentioned are essentially the same. If what you realy desire is a lift then the fillers is not a substitute for a mid face lift.

Cheek augmentation with fillers versus cheek lift with fillers

+2

Normally, when fillers are used to augment the cheeks, the filler is placed over the cheek bone to give it more prominence.  This sometimes can produce a subtle lift as well.  Fillers can be placed on other parts of the face that would not augment the cheek bones, but still produce some lifting effect.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cheek Lift with or without fillers or fat transfer

+1

A cheek lift will lift your existing cheek fat to a higher location. Typically this is a person with an aged appearance and drooping cheeks. Fillers or Fat transfer fill out missing volume. Both procedures can be done if required. See a board certified plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon for a facial analysis to see which is best for you.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

+1

I have performed many Cheek Augmentations, over the past 25 years, using fillers (I prefer Perlane) or Cheek Implants.  Depending on your gender and the existing shape of the cheeks one of these methods would be the most appropriate to create the proper aesthetic cheek shape.

Although, I have performed many Facelifts over the same period of time, I do not use or believe that cheek lifts work.  The fatty tissue, over the cheek, is not strong enough to hold sutures that will eventually pull through the fat.  Shaping the existing fat and then augmenting the cheeks with our without some version of a facelift ( if required) is a more reliable way to address the issue.  Hope this helps.