Can I Have Cheek Augmentation While Im on Accutane?

Can I have cheek augmentation while I'm on accutane?

Depends

+1

if ur planning augmentation by injectable filler ,there shouldnr be a problem but if by fat where small skin stab gonna be created or by an implant you should wait six months from the last dose since you have a risk of scarring if by any chance your would got infected or dehesed

Saudi Arabia Plastic Surgeon

Okay to undergo cheek augmentation while on Accutane

+1

Cheek augmentation procedure is certainly acceptable to perform while patients are on Accutane since there is no interruption of any of the epidermis during the procedure. A simple incision approximately 1 cm in length is made in the gingival sulcus above the upper teeth, the implant is then inserted through and placed over the bone and underneath the periosteum over the cheek area.  

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com

Cheek augmentation while on Accutane

+1

Typically I would wait approximately 6 months after Accutane to perform injectable fillers in the cheeks or elsewhere on the face. The reason is that there is impaired healing while on Accutane. That said, most people would do just fine to have an injectable filler even before 6 months.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Surgery while on Accutane

+1

NO! No surgery should be done while on accutane. It can cause severe scarring. Please discuss with your derm. so be be clear on this issue. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski, 305 598 0091