Would Cheek and Jaw Angle Implants Help for Young Adult Man? (photo)

I have always had a lack of cheek projection under the eye (as can be seen in my photos). Only the lateral zygomatic arch seems to protrude. How well would malar and mandible angle implants fit my face? would I need to get them slightly rounded to fit my nose/chin/forehead? Will Malar implants slightly disguise the dark horizontal lines between my upper cheek and orbits? I like my appearance much better when I smile or have light directly on my face (such as in the flash photo I posted).

Cheek and jaw implants

+2

Malar or a combined malar/submalar implant would be great in you.  I think it would help tremendously with your midface and the horizontal dark like, though, I will say the dark line may not erase immediately or completely but you'd really look great with a pair.  This could be done through the mouth and even under local.  You're looking at about 5 to 7 days down time.

The angle of mandible implants.  Hmmmeh!?  Yeah, they may be needed to balance the new cheeks but your jaw and angle of mandible are actually quite nice; masculine I'd say.  

Do the cheeks

Best of luck

Chase Lay, MD

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cheek and Jaw Implants and how they would help your face

+1

I think you definitely have a lack of cheek projection and enhancing this area could help. Jaw implants could help you as well but I would be on the conservative side with you and this depends on how masculine you want to look!

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Implants for cheeks

+1

Cheek hypoplasia is best treated with malar implants inserted intraorally and placed directly over the maxilla.  These implants are usually made of silastic and are used to augment the natural cheek area.  Occasionally submalar implants are used and are placed below the zygomatic arch.  Malar implants will not disguise any horizontal lines between the upper cheeks and the orbits.

Web reference: http://seattlefacial.com