Cheek Implants for Young Patients

I'm 18 years old and considering about to get cheeck implants when i'm 20 , is it worth it for someone young, with long thin face ? I can't gain fat on my face when i gain weight, it's frustrating.

Cheek Implants can achieve long term improvements in facial contour

+2
Cheek implants can offer long term improvements in your facial contour.  Fat injections are also an option for a truly long and narrow face, but will likely need to be repeated in the future.

Naples Facial Plastic Surgeon

Age Has Little Influence On The Need For Cheek Implants

+2

As long as one is skeletally mature, age has no consideration as to whether one should get or needs cheek implants. What is important is the shape of the existing cheeks/midface and whether cheek implants can achieve the look you desire. If one truly does have flatter cheek bones, then an implant will do well. If the concern is actually below the cheeks and not on the bone itself, then one will need to consider fat injections as this is a non-bone supported area that an implant may not be able augment very well. The anatomy of your cheek area is the issue, not your age.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Cheek Implants for a 20 Year Old

+2

If you have flat cheeks at age 18, it is unlikely that they will get fuller with age UNLESS you gain significant weight. Most of the time, we loose facial fat volume over the decades further accentuating flat cheeks. Cheek implants are a good option but I do think it is smart to wait and consider this for a while as you plan. These implants come in different shapes and sizes and you want to plan for implants that will continue to benefit you for decades after surgery.

Frank P. Fechner, MD
Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sculptra might enhance your cheeks

+1

At your age I would prefer that you not do anything permanent as your wishes might change over time as will your face. Sculptra fills in a reasonable amount of volume, lasts longet than many of the other filler and is not forever. 

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Fat augmentation of cheeks is superior to permanent implants in a young person

+1

Fat augmentation of cheeks is superior to permanent implants in a young person. Not only is fat augmentation natural, it is free of most complications as one ages.

Edward Lack, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

Cheek Implants in Young Patient

+1

By age 20 you will be physically mature. Chek implants are an excellent peermanent way to improve cheek contour. Other alternatives are the use of fillers which usually are a temporary solution and therefore ultimately more expensive, or fat sculpting which provides a longer lasting result.

Beverly Hills Perlane, Beverly Hills Radiesse, Cheek Augmentation, Cheek Enhancement

+1

I have used Cheek Implants for over 20 years and they work amazingly well when placed in the proper aesthetic situation.  You may want to learn more about the aesthetics of beauty which is the topic of my new book "What's Your Number...the palmer code", before you decide to alter your appearance.

I rarely use Cheek Implants on teens or patients in their early 20's as their faces frequently still have an ample supply of facial fat...which tends to taper off in the mid to late 20's.  However, you could have a consultation with an experienced Facial Plastic or plastic and cosmetic surgeon who's experienced in Cheek Augmentation with Cheek Implants when the time is right for you.  You could also consider a temporary filler like Perlane or Radiesse to fill and augment the cheeks.  This way you'll be able to see if you like the look before getting Cheek Implants.  At least 50%, of my Cheek Implant patients, start out augmenting their cheeks with Perlane or Radiesse.

Cheek implants in the young patient.

+1

Cheek implants in the young patient are need if the cheeks are not fully developed and therefore you need implants to correct the problem. Though there are surgeons who use fillers, this will not give you the result you want and will cost a great deal more.

Cheek implants at age 20

+1

Without pictures, it is difficult to evaluate the need for cheek implants. If there is lack of volume due to under development of cheek bones, then you may be a candidate for this procedure. People who have flat cheeks and lower eyelid puffiness or bulges usually have under developed cheek bones and do well with cheek implants. See some of the before and after pictures in the following site.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon