Cheek Implant Removal - I had Malar Cheek Implants put in 6 month ago in New York and i now reside in California.

I had Malar cheeck implants put in 6 month ago in new york and i now reside in california . I am not happy with my implants and thinking of removing them, But dont want to go all the way to new york to the surgeon that did it. ( to far and a hassle to travel ) Would having a different surgeon ( here in california) remove the implant be safe? Would that create a problem with 2 diferent techniques? what should i expect with the recovery? will i look normal in 2 months?

Cheek Implant Removal?

+1

We see patients, from all over the world, that want their Cheek Implants remove or removed and replaced with ones that are more aesthetically suited.  The only downside is that you'll have to pay for the removal, OR and anesthesia with another plastic & cosmetic surgeon.

Cheek implant removal

+1

It would not be a problem to have your cheek implants removed by a surgeon who did not place the implants.  This is not an uncommon occurrence.  In most cases, once the implants are removed, your appearance should return to about what it was beforehand.  I would say that normally, the recovery only takes a week or so and I would expect that you would look fairly normal within just a few weeks.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon