Check Up and Recovery After Breast Augmentation?

I am Asian ethnic living in North Jersey area. I want to have breast enlargement under the muscle? How much does it cost? How long can I return to work? Where should I get check up?

Breast Augmentation

+2

Dianasw,

Thanks for the question. According to the 2007 American Society of Plastic Surgery statistical data, the surgeon's fee for a breast augmentation averages around $3,816 nationally. This fee is derived from several factors including expertise of the surgeon and the geographical location. There are additional fees incurred with any surgery including breast augmentations which include the OR fee, anesthesiologist's fee, lab fees, and the type of implants used. Upon finding a surgeon in your region, I would recommend sitting down with the surgical consultant and reviewing the breakdown of all fees incurred in order to get a better understanding of the price breakdown.

Returning to work: The answer to this is variable, depending on the type of work you do. In general, our patients are allowed to return to work relatively soon, with the assumption that no heavy lifting (greater than 10 pounds) will be done for a period of no less than 8 weeks. Additionally, a post-operative bra must be work at all times, aside from showering, for a period of no less than 4 weeks.

Check up: In most plastic surgery practices, you will follow-up with your surgeon or perhaps his/her physician's assistant. In general, for breast augmentations, we tend to see our patients on post-operative day #1, #7, #21, at 3 months, and then as needed, but this regime will vary from physician to physician.

Hope this helped!

Breast augmentation

+1
The most suitable technique for your breast augmentation relies on a physical examination and discussion of your goals with a board certified and experienced plastic surgeon. Pricing varies depending on each surgery. Your pre-surgery appointments and post-surgery appointments are all arranged by your surgeon. Best of luck!

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Cost and Recovery for Breast Augmentation in Atlanta

+1

Breast Augmentation pricing will vary all over the country. At our Atlanta facility using silicone gel implants, doctor fee, facility fee, anesthesia fee and all of your follow up visits the total is $4,465.00. If using saline (salt water) implants the cost is $3,765.00. The only additional cost would be your lab work (if needed) and presciptions. These prices are good until the end of October, 2009. As far as the recovery, if going under the muscle you are looking at a 5 to 7 day recovery on average. Most out of town clients are normally ready to travel in a couple of days. Stitches normally are removed 5 to 7 days after surgery. Patients from out of town are given the option of either staying in town until their sutures are removed or we will recommend a physician in your area to remove your sutures once you are back home.

Cost, recovery, and follow-up for breast augmentation or enlargement with implants

+1

In general the fees will vary anywhere from 5-10,000 for a straightforward procedure. Recovery will vary termendously with most being able to return to a non-strenous (physical) job within 5 days. However, this can with some returning to work the next day and others taking 3-6 weeks off of work. Strenuous physical activity such as heavy lifting may be restricted an average minimum of 3 weeks. Check up schedules vary with each surgeon. We tend to see our patients in follow up about 3-4 times in a 3 month postoperative period.

Breast augmentaton cost.

+1

Hi!

1)  In our Manhattan practice, breast augmentation costs about $10,000.

2)  If you have a desk job, many women go back to work in 2 or 3 days.  One week maximum.  With gentle surgery, there is very little pain.

3)  You may find the breast augmentation page on my web site helpful.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Breast augmentation costs and follow-up

+1

Breast augmentation in my Baltimore office typically runs about $6,500. This includes the professional fees, the cost of the implants, anesthesia, and facility fees. Recovery after a breast augmentation is pretty easy, with return to work in about a week and two weeks for exercise (under or over the muscle.) For follow-up, I typically see my patients at one week, one month, six months, and a year to make sure the implants are positioned well and to assist with scar therapy to minimize the scars.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

Breast Augmentation Fees, Recovery

+1

As you can see the fees do vary among different areas of the country and also amongst different surgeons. The fees include the surgeon, facility, anaesthesia, and implant. Saline implants cost less than silicone gel. Our fees are about $6000 with saline and about $7500 with silicone gel. That includes all the parts I mentioned above. Obviously you want to make sure that the surgery is being done by a board certified plastic surgeon and that the facility is appropriately accredited. Also ask for referrals from your doctors - family practice and/or gynecologist - as well as family members and friends. From all those sources typically one or two names come up as the surgeons with the best reputations and good outcomes. Check out their websites and then have a consultation to see who you wish to have as your surgeon. And lastly use price. Using price for comparison at the beginning is not a good approach. You are getting way more than just an implant. You are getting the care and expertise of the surgeon which is key in your happiness. Recovery is typically about 2-3days before you can return to light duty activities such as driving and desk work. Follow-up care is done with your surgeon at their office. That is why you need to have a good relationship and complete trust in your surgeon.

Bahram Ghaderi, MD

Breast Augmentation

+1

The fees that go into breast augmentation are derived from the surgical fee, the implant fee, the hospital fee and the anesthesia fee. Except for the implant fee, all of these charges vary greatly around the country and between surgeons. In the NYC area, you may expect to pay higher surgical and facility fees than in some remote city. In general, expect to pay around $8,000 to $12,000 total. Good luck with your procedure.

David Shafer, MD

Come on in

+1

Come and see a board certified plastic surgeon who does a lot of implants. Check out my web site if you want to see some examples. In the New York/New Jersey region implant surgery including the surgical fee, or fee, anestheisa fee and cost of implants is between $9000 and $10,000. That fee of 3800 is misleading as it is a national average of the Surgical fee only and does not include all costs involved.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD