Will I Have A Reaction to Restylane Under My Eyes or Not?

What Can I Do to Check if the Restylane Under my Eyes Will Make Bad Reactions to Mye Eyes or Not?? I Need Help

Restylane to restore youthful lid-cheek contour

+1

Restylane is one of the best fillers to use for treatment of lid-cheek depressions (tear trough).  When treated by an experienced and skilled injector, you can expect excellent results.  

Restylane in the Under Eye Area

+1

Restylane is lovely in the under eye areas.  The key is to find an experienced injector who is familiar with the anatomy and type of injections that you will need.  Many injections are overdone and it is a very sensitive area to inject. Please find a board certified dermatologist in your area with a lot of cosmetic experience.

Michele S. Green, MD

Restylane Under Eyes

+1

Restylane is an excellent filler for underneath the eyes or the "tear trough".  It can also be used to smooth the transition from the lower lid to the cheek.  Allergic reactions are rare.  The good news is that Restylane, and other hyaluronic acid fillers, can be reversed with the enzyme  hyaluronidase.  If you have had a previous allergic reaction to a Hyaluronic Acid filler, then I would avoid Restylane.  If no histories of any allergies, it is probably safe to procede.

Steven J. Covici, MD
Springfield Oculoplastic Surgeon

Restylane in the tear trough

+1

Restylane is a terrific hyaluronic acid filler very similar to Juvederm, and a nice and effective option for the face, including the tear trough. Most importantly, make sure to inject only a small amount by a highly trained and experienced physician such as a dermatologist. If you weren't happy with the result, there is fortunately hyaluronidase which is an antidote that can dissolve restylane if you didn't like it or too much was put in. ~ Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Restylane under the eyes

+1

As long as restylane is placed in small amounts under the eye muscle, you should do well. Do not be tempted to have the provider fully/over correct at one sitting. The key to preventing complications is to use small amounts. If you're unsatisified, you can always add more. It is reassuring to know that there is an eraser if you don't like the results, which can last a year or two.

Ramona Behshad, MD
Chesterfield Dermatologic Surgeon

Restylane and under eye treatments

+1

It's difficult to say what "reaction" from under eye treatment with Restylane would cause, other than correction. You'll likely have swelling and could bruise. Allergic reactions are rare. Discuss with your provider your concerns prior to treatment so you understand the potential negative aspects of any cosmetic treatment.

Sam Naficy, MD

+1

Restylane is very unlikely to cause an allergic reaction.  As far as avoiding the other problems such as too much filler or too little or injection too superficial or not in the right spot, etc., you must find a plastic surgeon or another well trained specialist who performs filler treatments hundreds of times each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

+1

Restylane is a safe and commonly used filler. Unlike previous fillers such as collagen it is highly unusual to have a reaction or allergy. Bruising and swelling are the most common issues following undereye injections with hyaluronic acid fillers. This is an advanced injection so please seek and injector with alot of experience. Problems can be remedied with additional filler or hyaluronidase treatments but it's obviously better to avoid the problem in the first place. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber, M.D., F.A.C.S.

Lone Tree Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Reaction to Restylane under eyes

+1

I have injected Restylane under many eyes and, thankfully, have never seen a "reaction" nor is this something that I worry about with this product. Bruising is very common so make sure that you are willing to put up with that for several days after your injections

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Reaction to Restylane under eyes

+1

Unless you've had Restylane before and know that you have some type of propensity to have a reaction I'm not sure you'd know. Unlike with old collagen injections and such we don't do skin testing for fillers like Restylane because the incidence rate of reaction is extremely low.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD