Cheaper to Get Fat Grafting to the Buttock While Getting Lipo and Tummy Tuck Done?

I'm planning to get a FTT w/lipo and BR soon. I'm interested in getting a BBL to get a more attractive profile. How is a BBL priced? I know I will need the right amount of fat to harvest to get this done,which I have,would it reduce costs to go ahead and get it done since I will be getting a substantial amount of fat removed from my other procedures? I've heard that the lipo you need to enable you to get a BBL is where the cost comes from and fat grafting is the cheaper portion?

Getting a Brazilian Butt Lift along with a Breast Reduction, Tummy Tuck and Liposuction

+2

Re- "I'm planning to get a FTT w/lipo and BR soon. I'm interested in getting a BBL to get a more attractive profile. How is a BBL priced? I know I will need the right amount of fat to harvest to get this done,which I have,would it reduce costs to go ahead and get it done since I will be getting a substantial amount of fat removed from my other procedures? I've heard that the lipo you need to enable you to get a BBL is where the cost comes from and fat grafting is the cheaper portion?"

In THEORY, by combining several operations you would be saving some on the cost of anesthesia and facility fees over the cost that would be charged to you if you did all these operations separately. BUT - you must carefully consider the significant risk of combined operations both in surgical complications (blood clot formation, lung infection etc) and longer and more painful recovery. It is much better to split certain operations in step wise fashion (IE stage them) which allows for lower risks and faster recovery.

Liposuction for a Brazilian Butt Lift requires a fair amount of good, viable fat which requires longer to obtain (lower volume of suction to increase fat cell survival)than if "regular" liposuction is done. This results in a longer operation which in my opinion should not be combined with other lengthier procedures.

Remember - you do NOT save if you lose days of work due to a prolonged recovery and you will pay MUCH more if you suffer a complication. Choose your operations wisely.

Peter A Aldea, MD

Fat Transfer

+1

Probably cheaper, but pressure on the buttock is not recommended after surgery, and the body needs a painless place to sleep on. Thank you for your question and good luck with everything.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Yes, it can be done......

+1

You can combine the Brazilian Butt Lift with your currently planned liposuction and tummy tuck. The combination may save you a little money in the long run, but does carry with it some added risk.  I always recommend to my patients to have the Brazilian Butt Lift first followed be the tummy tuck 3-6 months later.  If it is a mini tummy tuck that you need, then I usually recommend that this be performed at the same time as the Brazilian.  A big part of the conflict is that when you have the Brazilian Butt Lift, I recommend not laying on your back.  When you have a Full Tummy Tuck, you cannot lay on your stomach.(with a mini, you can) So, its a tough combination.   

Daniel P. Markmann, MD