Cheap Breast Augmentation Revision Due to Capsular Contracture Columbus Ohio? (photo)

I had a breast Augmentation in 2004, I have had SEVERE and painful Capsular Contracture. I have frequent chest pain on my right side, you can see there is something wrong under my shirts,bathing suit and not to mention I have lost all feeling and am very self conscious to have my shirt off in front of my husband. I had saline teardrop over the muscle implants, I would like to have these removed and replaced with silicone under the muscle. I need them replaced cheaply in Columbus Ohio.

Submuscular Conversion: Breast Augmentation Revision

+1
Your logic is sound and I would recommend a submuscular conversion with  silicone implants. Regarding having this done cheaply may bring on risk "you get what you pay for" may apply. 

Couple of options - one being: financing, I recommenced contacting Care Credit or a similar well establish lending institution for cosmetic surgery. In the long run of course it will cost you more because of interest charges.

Choosing a plastic surgeon because of his/her cheap price is fraught with danger and selects in particular for non board certified surgeons often not even plastic surgeons who are advertising. One thing you might look for is an academic training center where plastic surgery residents supervised by their professors may have a "residents clinic" with steeply discounted rates. Be careful.

Remove Replace Implants Silicone Submuscular and Breast Lift

+1

I think it is reasonable to remove the implants and replace them with a transition to a submuscular plane.  If you want to change the shape of the breasts and lift them that could be considered as well.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Implant revision

+1

It looks like you will need a lift as well if you exchange your implants. Good luck in your search for a surgeon.

Best Surgical Option for Revisionary Breast Surgery?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Unfortunately,   successful revisionary breast surgery in your case will  not be simple or “cheap”.  Because of the position of your breasts on your chest wall, breast lifting will be necessary. In my hands,  after removal of breast implant and scar tissue, I would suggest that you  have breast implants replaced in the sub muscular position.

It is possible that, in order to decrease risks  of complications, the procedure would be best done in 2 stages.

At this point, my best advice to you would be to BE CAREFUL;  remember the saying that usually  cheap work is not great and great work is not cheap,

Complex problems after subglandular saline implants

+1

As mentioned,  you have one issue that is obvious.  You have drooping or ptosis of your breasts and this probably needs to be corrected more over having new implants.  This is probably one of my major reasons I prefer to place implants under the muscle.  Your other issue is costs.  You cannot have this done 'cheaply' as your issues are much to complex for a 'cheap' procedure.  New implants and the additional time in an operating room with anesthesia would make this procedure cost well over $7000 in my area.  You can always try newer surgeons working to establish their reputation in a very competitive market or check with residency programs for deals.  Good luck!

Curtis Wong, MD

This is not a single problem, not a simple problem.

+1

In addition to the capsular contractures, there is rather marked ptosis (sagging) which is contributing to the problem. It does make sense to move the implants to under the muscle and to switch to silicone, but if you don't have a breast lift the outcome will be unsatisfactory. It may be recommended that this be done in two separate operations. Part of the treatment for the contracture may be adding a sheet of and acellular dermal matrix (Strattice) to have the best shot at a long term avoidance of recurrence. 

The surgery will be consderably more complex than the original augmentation and your quotes for surgery will undoubtedly reflect that.

Thank you for your question, and for the posted photos. All the best. 

Get it right the first time with revision surgery for breast implant problems

+1

The situation you describe is fairly complex and may require more than a simple procedure to correct it. One thing to keep in mind is that the biggest contributing factor to the need for revision surgery is revision surgery. What that means is that if you try something simple or cheap you are even more likely to need another operation.Tthat would mean spending even more and having an even more difficult problem. Things to consider for capsular contracture include the use of Strattice, which will help add coverage and support of the new implants after removal of the scar capsule as well as helping prevent another contracture.

Richard Baxter, MD

No cheap breast impant revisions in complex situations

+1

Yours is a complex situation requiring an expert plastic surgeon who won't come cheaply.  You look like you need new implants under the muscle, all the scar tissues removed above the muscle and a full breast lift because of severe drooping.  You have a high risk of nipple death in this senario because of blood flow compromises and a rookie surgeon might not even know how to minimize this risk.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Pain associate with capsular contracture is very uncommon.

+1

Although capsular contracture looks as though it should be painful, it seldom is.  The breasts in the photo show significant ptosis.  I think a breast implant in any position might look odd.  Treatment for the contracture is probably surgical, but there are a lot of options based on the existing anatomy and clinical history.  This should be sorted out with your surgeon.