2 weeks post op of Neck & Cheek lift, my left side of is swollen and dented. Is this normal? (photos)

He looked this pic and said from sucture what is yr thoughts. Should I get a 2nd dr to take a look

Facelift Irregularities

+2
Thank you for your question. I understand your concern.  Uneven and irregular swelling is not an uncommon issue. It can be due to something as simple as a bit more bruising on one side versus the other or pre-existing facial asymmetry.  I would recommend giving the swelling time to resolve and keep the conversation open with your surgeon.  Best wishes.

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Facelift concerns

+2
I would first recommend that you see your surgeon and ask about your concerns.  Time will heal most issues, but if the dent on the left cheek does not soften soon it could be permanent.  There should not be sutures that far forward in a typical facelift.  Be patient but if you are not happy with what your surgeon is telling you it's always OK to get a second opinion.

Carey Nease, MD
Chattanooga Facial Plastic Surgeon

2 weeks after surgery

+2
2 weeks after surgery is too soon to tell what the final results will be. Since you still have swelling, it is possible to have some distortion due to this.  The type of facelift you had and where the sutures were placed can impact this. You are likely noticing improvement in the area as the days go on.

Your surgeon should be comfortable dealing with these issues and hopefully you have the confidence in him/her since you chose them to perform your lift.

Jacob D. Steiger, MD
Boca Raton Facial Plastic Surgeon

The contour problems in your cheek are indeed something to worry about.

+1
Swelling can cause contour issues after facelift but not the type that is demonstrated in the photograph. You should see your plastic surgeon to sort out the reason for this unusual situation.

Irregular result after facelift

+1
Thank you for your face lift question.
  • You are early after surgery. Swelling will subside.
  • The 'dent' may be from absorbable sutures.
  • Or fluid
  • Or a residual small hematoma (blood clot)
  • There are other possibilities as well.
  • See your plastic surgeon, discuss your concerns, come up with a plan.
  • Photos taken now will help follow the problem.
  • Hope this helps. best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Dent

+1
Irregularities may appear and most often resolve spontaneously. It is too early to make any definitive diagnosis or to do anything about. In the worst case scenario, if that dent were to, for some reason, persist, it could likely be predictably improved with a small amount of fat grafting.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Irregularities 2 weeks after facelift surgery

+1
At 2 weeks after a facelift or neck lift, it would be too soon to panic, based on that photo.  Most irregularities will settle as the swelling resolves, and the skin/soft tissue relaxes after the pull.  I would advocate gentle manual daily massage at that dimpled area, but definitely consult with your surgeon first, as he knows exactly what was done surgically.

Christopher R. Hove, MD
Paoli Facial Plastic Surgeon

2 weeks post op of Neck & Cheek lift, my left side of is swollen and dented. Is this normal?

+1
At two weeks it can be normal to have swelling on one side versus the other.   It is best to see your surgeon to discuss your concerns.   Lumpy appearance an be normal as well and can tale some time to resolve.   Make sure your face is not turned while sleeping but keep it midline since this can increase swelling on the side that is down.   Best of luck

Constance M. Barone, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Cheek and Necklift: 2 Weeks Postop

+1
Although a diagnosis without a physical examination is not possible, the picture appears to show pleating of the mid-cheek area most likely related to superficial placement of a suture loop or SMAS suture.  This happens because the skin above the suture was not adequately released. Although this is not a desirable aesthetic look, it should relax over time.  The beast advice I can give is that you keep in contact with your Surgeon for reassurance and guidance on this and other issues.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1
YES! I am to concerned. Best to start massages and consider fat grafts after a few months. Or immediate re operation to open area...