2 weeks post op of Neck & Cheek lift, my left side of is swollen and dented. Is this normal? (photos)

He looked this pic and said from sucture what is yr thoughts. Should I get a 2nd dr to take a look

Facelift Irregularities

Thank you for your question. I understand your concern.  Uneven and irregular swelling is not an uncommon issue. It can be due to something as simple as a bit more bruising on one side versus the other or pre-existing facial asymmetry.  I would recommend giving the swelling time to resolve and keep the conversation open with your surgeon.  Best wishes.

Facelift concerns

I would first recommend that you see your surgeon and ask about your concerns.  Time will heal most issues, but if the dent on the left cheek does not soften soon it could be permanent.  There should not be sutures that far forward in a typical facelift.  Be patient but if you are not happy with what your surgeon is telling you it's always OK to get a second opinion.

Carey Nease, MD
Chattanooga Facial Plastic Surgeon

2 weeks after surgery

2 weeks after surgery is too soon to tell what the final results will be. Since you still have swelling, it is possible to have some distortion due to this.  The type of facelift you had and where the sutures were placed can impact this. You are likely noticing improvement in the area as the days go on.

Your surgeon should be comfortable dealing with these issues and hopefully you have the confidence in him/her since you chose them to perform your lift.

Jacob D. Steiger, MD
Boca Raton Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift and uneven contour.

This is very common in facelift surgery at two weeks, especially certain type of facelift.  The swelling makes it much worse and if absorbable suture are used in the area it will last longer.  Your PS should be able to explain some of the issues. The area in question should  gradually relax and fade.  However, if no improvement is seen in 6 to 8 weeks, it could be a problem. Good luck

Miguel Delgado, MD

Healing after facelift

Generally speaking, it can take 6 to 12 months to completely heal after a facelift procedure. I would strongly recommend speaking with your surgeon or his/her clinical team to discuss your concerns further.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

2 weeks post op neck and cheek lift

At 2 weeks post neck/cheek lift, you would still be quite swollen and it is still too early to make an assessment.    I would recommend discussing your concerns with your PS at your next follow up appointment.  Best of luck

The contour problems in your cheek are indeed something to worry about.

Swelling can cause contour issues after facelift but not the type that is demonstrated in the photograph. You should see your plastic surgeon to sort out the reason for this unusual situation.

Irregular result after facelift

Thank you for your face lift question.
  • You are early after surgery. Swelling will subside.
  • The 'dent' may be from absorbable sutures.
  • Or fluid
  • Or a residual small hematoma (blood clot)
  • There are other possibilities as well.
  • See your plastic surgeon, discuss your concerns, come up with a plan.
  • Photos taken now will help follow the problem.
  • Hope this helps. best wishes.

Dent

Irregularities may appear and most often resolve spontaneously. It is too early to make any definitive diagnosis or to do anything about. In the worst case scenario, if that dent were to, for some reason, persist, it could likely be predictably improved with a small amount of fat grafting.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Irregularities 2 weeks after facelift surgery

At 2 weeks after a facelift or neck lift, it would be too soon to panic, based on that photo.  Most irregularities will settle as the swelling resolves, and the skin/soft tissue relaxes after the pull.  I would advocate gentle manual daily massage at that dimpled area, but definitely consult with your surgeon first, as he knows exactly what was done surgically.

Christopher R. Hove, MD
Paoli Facial Plastic Surgeon