Will I Have Good Results from Having a Tummy Tuck Now? (photo)

I am a 30 yr old mother to 3 boys. I had my last baby 8 months ago. I am 5'8" and currently weigh 201lbs. After my breast lift and implants 9 weeks ago I have lost 22lbs. I am currently scheduled for a tummy tuck on April 9th 2013 and plan on loosing more weight as I am still dieting and exercising. I have had 3 c-sec and I just cant stand this belly anymore. Do you think I could achieve good results by having a tummy tuck now? Thanks!

Tummy Tuck Now?

+3

You will maximize your outcome by reaching your goal weight by the time of surgery. That is not to say that you will not have an excellent improvement at this time. 

Much depends on how much weight you might lose after your surgery. If we are talking 20 pounds, I would not hesitate to suggest going ahead now. If we are talking 50 pounds, a frank discussion with your surgeon would be a good idea. Were you to lose 50 pounds after a TT you might find yourself with excess skin and an abdominal muscle repair that is not a tight as it could have been had you waited. 

Congratulations on the ongoing weight loss. I don't see a wrong decision here- a good one, and a better one.  All the best. 

Will I Have Good Results from Having a Tummy Tuck Now

+3

You appear to be a good candidate for a tummy tuck. Make an appointment with a board certified Plastic Surgeon and get an evaluation.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Tummy tuck results and timing

+3

Thanks for your questions and photos.  You appear to be a great candidate for a tummy tuck.  I would recommend liposuction around the hips as well to improve the result.  If you are still losing weight, it may be better to hold off on surgery until a stable weight has been reached.  This weight loss will only improve your results.  Good luck!

Naveen Setty, MD, FACS

Tummy Tuck and Weight Loss

+2

If weight loss is planned, the weight loss should be completed prior to tummy tuck to ensure the best possible results.  If you have attained a stable weight but not a goal weight, tummy tuck is reasonable.  You could also have liposuction of the flanks and back to get the best possible contours.  Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tucks and liposuction procedures each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Will I Have Good Results from Having a Tummy Tuck Now?

+2

Excess tummy skin is usually best fixed with a tummy tuck. Liposuction around the waist and hips can make your result even better. If my patients are actively losing weight, I generally recommend that they get to their goal weight prior to a tummy tuck. This improves the result and increases the chances that you will maintain it.

Michael Vennemeyer, MD

Michael Vennemeyer, MD
Southlake Plastic Surgeon

Results with tummy tuck

+2

You seem to be a very good candidate for a tummy tuck and should have a dramatic improvement.  If you feel that you can continue to lose weight, your result would be even better with additional weight loss.  Even at this weight though, you will have a nice result.

Arnold S. Breitbart, MD, FACS
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

MI ready for a Tummy Tuck?

+1

Thank you for your question. Congratulations on your weight loss. The best possible tummy Tuck result will be that you are closest to your ideal weight. Try to continue weight loss and if you have not achieved your goal you might consider delaying your Tummy Tuck.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Tummy Tuck

+1

Based on your photos, I would likely suggest a full tummy tuck with liposuction of your waist/flanks.   However, a physical exam is needed to make any formal recommendations. Please visit with a board certified PS to learn more about your options.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck timing

+1

Its important to be at a stable weight and complete child brearing before having a tummy tuck. That will give you your very best results.

Raj S. Ambay, MD