Hey Im 23yrs Old Ive Had 5 Kids? BA in 12 Days, Will 425cc Look Too Big?

Im having my BA in 12 days and im starting to worry if 425ccs will look to big i weigh 105pds n im 5'6 n i have absoultly no breast tissue after having my kids i went from a AA to a C in bras but after having my lil girl i lost all volume all the way to lossing my chest also i would like to know if i should get cut under my breast line or under the arm pit someone please help me out im starting to worry

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Implant Size

+1

Photos would be helpful, but generally speaking, I would recommend not focusing on the implant cc's.  Everyone's body is different and how a 425cc implant will look in you will be different from how it looks in someone else.  If you are still concerned, it is perfectly acceptable to call your surgeon and try on the implants again.  I would recommend an incision in the fold of your breasts.  It is the cleanest entry site and the scar will not be visible unless you lift your breast up.  Your surgeon wants you to be comfortable with your decision and most of all happy with your results, so don't hesitate letting him/her know you are still not sure about implant size.

Andrew Smith, MD, FACS
Irvine Plastic Surgeon

CC's can be confusing

+1

Some of the most important measurements that determine the best implant size for a patient are the width of the chest and the distance from the nipple to the breast fold. It's not always necessarily about your height and weight. While you sound like a petite individual, the amount of cc's you would need to achieve your desired look depends on your build. It is important to make sure you are seeing a board certified plastic surgeon who is familiar with breast augmentation. Ask to see before and after photos of patients your doctor has performed surgery on. It's best to look for patients of a similar build to see what 425cc's will really ultimately look like on your figure. Remember there is swelling right after surgery, the breasts will go down and settle, so don't panic if they look bigger than you were expecting right away. 

Edward P. Miranda, MD

Communication is key!

+1

If you are having any doubts I highly suggest going in and speaking with your surgeon again and trying on sizers again if needed. Sometimes just trying on the sizers one last time will put your mind at ease! It's not too late to change your mind on the size but you have to keep communication open with your surgeon! Best of luck to you!

Stephen F. Lex, MD
Flagstaff Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Sizing

+1

I like to have patients try implants in a bra in the office to assure that they like the size. Also, I like to use 3 dimensional imaging to visualize what each shape and size of implants will look like in your own body. In this way, patients are very confident in their chosen size. 

Michael Horn, MD

Implant size

+1

Hello. The most important factors for determining the size of implants that could be used on a patient include width of the base of the breast, the size of your thorax and the amount of breast tissue and skin you have. I am sure that your surgeon has already taken these measurements and the size chosen is at the very least safe. I would bring these concerns up with your surgeon to ease your nerves.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Breast Augmentation in Post-partum Breasts

+1

It is TOTALLY normal to be worried and nervous as surgery approaches... so hang in there, trust what you and your surgeon have talked about and trust your gut feeling.  It's hard to say if 425cc will look too big on you not really knowing what "too big" means to you.  But maybe this will help - the vast majority of patients have one regret after breast augmentation - that they wish they decided on a bigger implant size.  I recommend placing your scar under the breast line - this is much better if you have silicone implants and also gives you the best chance of getting fullness at your cleavage.  You will do great - good luck!  K. Roxanne Grawe, MD Columbus Plastic Surgery

K. Roxanne Grawe, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

+1

There is no way to answer this without photos or an examination. Your surgeon should be able to help you with size selection.

Gregory Sexton, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me?

+1

As you can imagine, despite your good description of body type and goals, it is not possible to give you precise  advice online.

The best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “small C” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

Hey Im 23yrs Old Ive Had 5 Kids? BA in 12 Days, Will 425cc Look

+1

Without photos and/or some breast measurements the advice you can get online with not be based on sufficient info as to be worth much. 425 cc may give you two to two and a half cup size increase. Trying on implants is a useful way to help choose the size. 

My preference is for incision in the fold, but other surgeons have different preferences. If one incision were clearly better that the others we would only offer one incision. I would go with your surgeon's preference on this choice. 

All the best.