Why Do Docs Say to Only Do TCA at a Doctor's Office Since It's So Easy to Follow Directions?

When you get a 90 dollar peel a derm's office, they peel your skin by painting on a solution then send you home with specific instructions about how to care for your skin. How is this any different from what I myself would treat my skin? I mean, it's not like a machine that requires expertise. I know my own skin and how it reacts and what is happening while I treat it, which areas are damaged and so forth. The directions are really easy, so just unsure why docs say not to do it yourself.

A TCA is very technique sensitive and can cause serious scars and pigment damage if done incorrectly.

+3

A TCA is very technique sensitive and can cause serious scars and pigment damage if done incorrectly.  It's your face!  I recommend you see someone who is an expert and can handle any complications. 

Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon