Are there any dangerous side effects associated with laserlipo? Like increasing the risk of cancer.

I wanted to choose between ultrasonic lipo cavitation or lapolaser. I am 32 female. I don't have that much fat, since I practice yoga regularly. But, there is a small amount of stubborn fat on my lower belly that I can't get rid of. I do care about the results of the treatment, but, when it comes to interrupting cells,I'm scared if it increases the risk of cancer. Is that correct?

Laser lipo and cancer risk

+2
I do not believe that laser assisted liposuction puts any of my patients at risk for cancer. 

Thank you for your question!

Sarasota Plastic Surgeon

So many problems with laser and ultrasound lipo that it is not worth it.

+2
Don't waste your money on gimmicky lipo techniques like laser or ultrasound lipo since they have a lot of problems such as dimpling, puckering and horrendous discolorations. That is why they are the cheapest of the lipos now but I doubt that they cause cancer. To be fair, some docs can do a decent job with them but why risk it. Sincerely, david Hansen,md

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Risk of cancer

+1
As far as we know, there is no increased risk of cancer with ultrasound or laser treatments. Actually, many types of cancer are being treated with many types of laser. 

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Risks

+1
Thanks for the question, there are no studies that show a laser may cause cancer but these energy devices can get hot so they can potentially cause a burn. Lower belly I like laser, the ultrasound is good for the back

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC