How should I sleep after Mommy Makeover and fat graft to buttocks?

Ok I have been wondering once I get my breast aug, lipo to flanks, tummy tuck and fat graft to buttocks; what's the recommended way to sleep? I am scared I'll have to almost sleep standing up to avoid pain..lol

+1

The main advice I can give you is make sure your surgeon is an expert at all of these procedures and can keep operating room time to around 4 hours.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts and mommy makeovers each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

BBL and mommy makeover

+1

Dear Lola,

I routinely do multiple procedures at once, but not a tummy tuck and fat transfer to the buttocks because each of these procedure require different positions post operatively for best results. For the fat transfer to the buttocks you need to lay on you stomach and off your buttocks for at least 2 weeks to promote the best survival and maintenance of shape of the fat grafts. For the tummy tuck, you need to sit at a 30-40 degree angle on you back. Complete opposite. Then you may ask, what about my side? Most of the time fat grafting to the buttocks requires some fat injections to the sides as well because injections to this region are about sculpting the region not simply injecting it into the gluteus maximus muscle or just one area; so this is not a solution either.

Usually the best is to do them separately, with the liposuction and fat transfer performed first, followed by the tummy tuck a few weeks to months later. The reason for this order, is that you can harvest maximal fat from the tummy and love handle areas prior to the tummy tuck, otherwise if you do the tummy tuck first, you are throwing away fat that you want for the gluteal sculpting. Also, by doing the liposuction first, your skin will be more loose on you belly and more skin can be removed with the tummy tuck for a better result.

I'm also guessing you are traveling for surgery, otherwise your surgeon would probably separate the procedures for a better outcome. Please consider the emergency services available should the very unlikely serious complication occur. Always prepare for the worse, and hope for the best. But if the worst happens, you want to be in a place you can get the BEST care possible. Best of luck.

Luis H. Macias, MD

Mommy make-over and BBL

+1

You are having a lot of surgery at one time. Risks rise with length of surgery.

• I suggest having the breast augmentation, tummy tuck and flank liposuction at one operation.
  • Do the fat transfer to buttocks at a separate operation.
  • It keeps surgery safer.
  • Also you will not be able to sleep on your tummy after a tummy tuck.
  • You will sleep on your back putting pressure on the fat transfer, making the fat less likely to survive.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD