Need Seroma drainage please help will pay for appointment?

had surgery done in Tijuana, MX. I went to the ER a few days ago and it was determined that I have developed a seroma. Just was looking for a general/plastic surgeon in the area that would be open to doing a post op appointment and drainage of seroma. Thank you for you time and assistance

Seroma in buttock

+1

I think it is best for you to call around to board certified plastic surgeons in the area. You can look at the ASPS or ASAPS websites for surgeons in your area. Good luck.

Medical Tourism

+1

It is very difficult to assume the complications of another surgeon, your anger will be transformed from the original surgeon to the one taking care of the problem. There could be infection with bacteria common in that country , not here. results after seroma may be compromised, and will need further surgery to correct. Plus cost can be as big as the original surgery if no other complications occur. Surgery for chronic seromas is not uncommon. What was done in the first surgery is unknown.

Samir Shureih MD. FACS

sshureih@msn.com

A major downside of medical tourism is that now you are left without a follow up

+1
It's always difficult to find a surgeon to take on a complication from another surgeon. Normally it is the surgeon who performed your surgery that should look after any complications that may occur. Have you contacted your Mexican surgeon to see if you can travel back to Mexico for a follow up and seroma drainage?

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Seroma

+1

You are dealing with one of the big negatives of medical tourism. Comprehensive and long term follow up is very important after any cosmetic surgery. You should contact your surgeon in Tijuana and ask he or she to see you. If you can't get to this person, you may well find that the costs of a board certified Plastic Surgeon in your area to be fairly high due to the medical/legal liability environment in the U.S. Don't delay!

Jeffrey K. Scott, MD
Sarasota Plastic Surgeon