Will Removing the Required 575 G from Each Breast Leave Me at Least a Large B/Small C Cup? (Photo)

I was approved for a breast reduction through BCBS with the standard 575-628 g removal. I am unsure if I should use the insurance or pay out of pocket to make sure I am proportionate. WIll 575 removal leave me with a full but smaller breast? I do not want to end up with the flat and wide breasts I see a lot of the time. I am currently a 38 DDD. I know cup size cannot be guaranteed but any educated/experience quesses would be appreciated."

+1

In my opinion based upon the posted photos NO! most likely a small D cup would result. But over internet this is only my guess. 

575 gram breast reduction required for insurance

+1

Based on your photos and the reduction requirements from your insurance company, you will not be left flat chested. You should be able to reach your goal of a full B/small C after surgery. Thank you for sharing your photos and question. Best wishes.

Gregory Park, MD

Bra Cup Size after Breast Reduction?

+1

Congratulations on your decision to proceed with breast reduction surgery. It is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform. It will likely be in your best interest to reach a long-term stable weight (if you are not already there) prior to proceeding with the surgery.

Unfortunately, there is no direct correlation between the amount of tissue removed and the ultimate cup size that a patient will wear after breast reduction surgery.  Nothing will replace your plastic surgeon's judgment ( assuming that you have chosen him/her  carefully)  when it comes to  determining preoperatively whether you will be pleased with the outcome of the procedure once the required breast mass is removed  during the breast reduction procedure.  In other words, the 2 dimensional pictures you have posted  to not provide enough information to answer your question accurately enough.

Before undergoing the breast reduction procedure it is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.