I had an open rhinoplasty a year and 5 months ago and I'm not really happy with my results. (photo)

My tip is too round and it has no shape at all, like a ball centered at the end of my nose. My surgeon told me that because I have thick skin it will take up to two years to totally resolve but I'm thinking about Doing another surgery to have my tip refined. Is it okay like this or should I go under the knife again?? (Ps: it appears slightly bigger in the photos I don't know why)

Revision Rhinoplasty 17months Post-Op

+1
I don't think that the thick skin on your nose will significantly be reduced over time since it had already been more than a year since your surgery. The bridge also appears relatively broad based from the photos above.
I believe you could proceed with revision surgery to further reduce the tip of your nose and improve the over all shape if you want.
Thick skin on the nose has always been difficult to correct but fortunately, there are surgeons are well experienced in these cases.

Thailand Facial Plastic Surgeon

Not Happy with Rhinoplasty Results

+1
Thank you for providing a variety of photos, as they are very helpful in understanding your concerns regarding the tip of your nose. After 17 months, the swelling is most likely completely gone. If you are unhappy with your results, I would suggest scheduling an appointment with your plastic surgeon so that he or she can examine you in person and make suggestions for further correction. If you are not happy with your plastic surgeon's answers, then you should consider getting a second opinion with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in revision Rhinoplasty.

Michael A. Epstein, MD

Thick Skin and Lack of Tip Definition

+1
At 5 months after your procedure, you need to allow you nose to heal.  Swelling will continue to resolve in the nose over 1 year.  This could be contributing to the fullness in the tip of your nose.  Swelling takes a longer to resolve in patients with thick skin and in the tip of the nose.  

I would wait until the 1 year after your surgery before making definitive opinion regarding your result.  If at that time you are interested in other options, I would consult with a surgeon that routinely performs revision rhinoplasty surgery.  

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty

+1
At this point, I doubt if the nose will get any smaller. A revision may be helpful to refine it some more. Thick skin noses can be difficult to refine.

Revision rhinoplasty with thick skin

+1
I believe you have some room for a more refined nose. I doubt it will be possible to make it much smaller overall due to skin thickness, but more attractive/refined is likely achievable. 

Laxmeesh Mike Nayak, MD
Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty for the thick skinned nose.

+1
Revision rhinoplasty for the thick skinned nose. At I and 1/2 years post op I do not think it will get any smaller. See an experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon.

Rhinoplasty

+1
You do appear to have thick skin. A revision could be done but you need to understand that only so much can be done to narrow the tip in your case. Good luck. Donald R. Nunn MD Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

Donald Nunn, MD

Revision rhinoplasty

+1
I would recommend further reduction of the dorsum and the tip to give you the smaller more refined nose you would like.  I believe pursuing a revision now is fine without the need of further waiting.  Best wishes!

John Michael Thomassen, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty a year and 5 months ago

+1
Thick skin will limit the tip definition and it may pay to wait the two years as your surgeon suggests. After a year though it is fair to consider a revision if you are unhappy.

Revision rhino

+1
Hello703, 5 months is too early to panic. Should you not be happy after a year I would respectively ask your surgeon for a copy of his operative note and schedule an appointment with 2-3 facial plastic specialists with at least 10 years of experience. Experience is very important for any rhinoplasty but expecially revisional work. Make sure you review the doctors web site beforehand to make sure they perform rhinoplasty routinely. Look at their photos critically. If you do your homework and remain patient I'm sure it will all work out in the end. Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon