Is it okay to have liposuction prior to having children? (photos)

I am a 23 y/o female wanting to have liposuction on my stomach and sides. Would it be a waste to do this prior to having children? Please advise.

Liposuction before children

+1

It is perfectly fine to have liposuction before having children and based on your photos you will have a great result.  Find  a plastic surgeon in your area that specializes in body contouring.

Lipo before kids

+1
The photos are a bit tough to interpret, but it looks like you might be a good candidate for lipo because I do not see loose skin being a problem. Lipo is probably better BEFORE kids, because the skin is tighter.

Frederick G. Weniger, MD, FACS
Hilton Head Island Plastic Surgeon

Lipo before children

+1
It would not be a waste to improve your body, but I would hold off if you are actively planning a family or considering children in the next year. Your body can change with pregnancy with or without prior lipo. If you want to look better now, the future pregnancy are not an issue

Michael Hueneke, MD

Liposuction before babies

+1

Liposuction is fine before having children.

For the lower abdomen, be sure the surgeon leaves some fat - otherwise the area may not look smooth after liposuction. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Liposuction before pregnancy

+1

Liposuction is a safe procedure that can be performed before pregnancy. In most cases, liposuction can be performed under light IV or oral sedation (e.g. valium pill). Some physicians have accredited ORs in their offices, and this can make the process even more convenient. 

The incisions I use for abdominal liposuction are hidden in the belly button and within the bikini lines. They heal to appear like small moles or freckles. 

Make sure your surgeon is a board certified plastic surgeon with an accredited office OR before you move forward with surgery.

Adam J. Oppenheimer, MD
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction before child bearing

+1
It is safe to have liposuction before having children.  Liposuction will be quite effective reducing fatty deposits in areas where the skin tone is good and will "snap back" after the fat is removed.  I don't think that it would be a waste of your efforts prior to having children.  Please seek consultation with a Board certified Plastic Surgeon and good luck!

Janet Turkle, MD

Liposuction and pregnancy

+1
It is safe to have liposuction before pregnancy. The surgery will not have any negative effects on your body that would affect a pregnancy. But if you are planning on having children in the very near future, I would suggest waiting until after having children before undergoing elective cosmetic procedures. If your plans are to have children several years from now, then you could certainly consider having the liposuction now. 

William T. Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Is it okay to have liposuction prior to having children?

+1

It is OK to have liposuction prior to having children.  If you are going to have children in the near future, I would wait on the liposuction.

Liposuction results are highly surgeon dependent. Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of liposuction and liposuction revision procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Liposuction Before Having Children

+1

You have to recognize whether you have liposuction or not that an eventual pregnancy(s) is going to change your stomach and waistline area...and not in a positive way. The issue with looking at the 'value' of liposuction is how soon after were you planning to become pregnant. If you were looking to become pregnant within the year then it would not be a good use of your money. But if there are no foreseeable plans for that at this time and it may be years until that is an actual event, then the benefits of liposuction may be worth the cost. When it comes to most fat removal procedures, you often are only buying time and many of life's occurrences make their effects not permanent.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Liposuction before children

+1
It is absolutely fine to do liposuction before pregnancy. It will not adversely affect your pre or post pregnancy care. I recommend consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon. Best wishes.
Dr. Liszka 

Thomas G. Liszka, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon