My daughter has about 25 bumps on her neck, under arms, and back. Any idea what these are? (photos)

My daughter has about 25 of these bumps on neck, under arms and back - some above hair line on neck. The bumps are fairly hard and don't have watery heads. She has had a mild fever 97. Bumps came out fast but don't seem to spreading. After 6 days some have begun to shrink and fade.

Caution is the name of the game...far too often

+1
aggressive treatment of these wart like viral infections known as molluscum contagiosum end up leaving scars...you need to be very careful what treatment you select...for young children something really simple...like compound w may suffice when used very carefully and only in small amounts...for teens either the smae treatment of a touch of the cautery or electrically zapping the spots works best...but sometime it's best to do nothing but this tact usually doesn't sit well with parents...especially since it's contagious...
remember mollucsum has a high rate of recurrence and ultimately disappears by itself...choose wisely

Molluscum contagiosum

+1

They appear to be molluscum contagiosum which is a viral skin infection that causes raised, pearl-like papules or nodules on the skin. They can spread and over time they can resolve themselves. We treat these lesions with canthacur.

Best of luck.

Robin M. Levin, MD
Cherry Hill Dermatologist