Which would you recommend; Butt lift, butt implant or both? (photo)

Hi. I need help with knowing the difference between a butt lift and butt implant. I did do some research on it but some of it isn't clear but I've also read that if someone didnt have enough body fat that they can have a procedure done were its both implant and the person body fat. Is that true? I am very interested in knowing the difference because I do plan on getting this procedure done. Im tired of my "Hank Hill booty". Can someone help me please?

Butt augmentation

+2
Butt augmentation through fat grafting is usually  and commonly called a brazilian butt lift. The other method of enlarging a buttock is with an implant.  One great thimg about fat transfer is you get fat reduction in the harvest areas which is also very desirable to most patients. If you have no fat store you are left with the implant method if you desire to undergo that procedure with it's risks. I have never heard of these being combined and sounds like it would greatly increase risks, so I would not do it myself. Good luck.

Savannah Plastic Surgeon

Butt lift

+2
A Brazilian but lift is a procedure where liposuction is used to collect fat from other areas of the body (back, flanks, inner thighs, abdomen) and injected into the buttocks. This gives you a rounded full buttocks that appears lifted. Approximately ~40-50% of the fat that is injected into the buttocks will die, so in order to see a dramatic difference, a large amount of fat must be injected into each buttock. The liposuction also helps to contour the waistline and lower back/flank area to help make the buttocks look bigger (even before the fat is injected into the buttocks). A butt implant is much like silicone breast implants but shaped for the buttocks. There is a higher chance for infection/complications with butt implants as you are placing a foreign body into the buttocks, an area that naturally harbors bacteria. I am not aware of anyone that is doing both procedures concurrently and would not recommend it as this could increase your chances of developing an infection/complication. Have a consultation with a PS and let them examine you, so that you have a better idea of how much fat can be collected from the liposuction (which areas of your body have excess fat and how much).

Erika Sato, MD

Which would you recommend; Butt lift, butt implant or both?

+1
You can have a very nice improvement with the BBL alone.  Find a BBL expert who performs hundreds of BBLs each year and has great reviews and great before and after pictures.

Brazilian Butt lift versus implant

+1
I'm biased to the Brazilian butt lift because I think it's a better procedure. This procedure uses your own fat and transfer it to the buttocks to change the shape of the buttocks. The advantage to this procedure is as you do not have a foreign body left in place and you can also adjust this procedure to each patient. With the implant you cannot add volume to the hips to make more curves and you cannot change the shapes to match the individual patient. I think that projection without curves is like a fumble on the 1 yard line. You are almost their but you're not having that great look because you don't have the curvy figure to go along with the projection. I think you have plenty of fat in the abdomen the back and even anterior thigh to have a significant change in the buttocks. I vote BBL

Wendell Perry, MD