After Breast Reduction, Incisions Are Healing Fine but 2/3 Mm Below my Nipple Has Not Cleared Up? (photo)

After breast reduction, my incisions are healing fine but this 2/3 mm below my nipple where the incisions meet has not cleared up. It's still yellow. Last week I've asked my doctor and he said there shouldn't be any concern and it's not infected. So far, it hasn't healed. If it is or not an infection, should I put antibiotic ointment on it or just leave to air dry? I'm visiting my PS tomorrow but would also like to have other opinions on this matter. Thank you in advance!

Breast Reduction

+3

This happens from time to time in breast reductions at the so called "T" junction. Daily soap and water and some topical antibiotic should do the trick

After Breast Reduction, Incisions Are Healing Fine but 2/3 Mm Below my Nipple Has Not Cleared Up?

+2

What you are experiencing is common after breast reduction. I recommend antibiotic ointment and a Band-Aid for my patients. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Healing after breast reduction

+2

This is the most common complication after a breast reduction. This small opening is going to heal, and likely you will not have a scar from it either. I would recommend an antibiotic ointment like bacitracin with a band-aid over top.  it is going to do well. 

Gordon Lewis, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction incisions

+2

This is the most common area to have a dehiscence and will heal just fine.  Best treated with an antibiotic ointment because wounds heal faster in a moist environment.  It doesn't appear that you have an infection.

N. Bill Aydin, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon