Will I Achieve 2 Cup Sizes with my Implant Selections? (photo)

I'm 30 years of age, 5'4.5", 120 lbs. I've nursed a child 3 years ago. Band size is 30.5 in. Bust measures 35 in. I currently wear 34A or 36AA. PS measured BWD 12cm. My PS and I agreed on Mentor silicone implants. 375cc HP (12.0cm dia, 4.8cm projection) for my right larger breast and 425cc HP (12.5cm dia, 5.0cm projection) for my left smaller breast. Will I achieve 2 cup sizes with my implant selections? The reason I asked is I want to be a medium to full C, no more and no less. Thank you.

Breast Enhancement Surgery

+1
I think you have a great plan and it sounds like a great surgeon, that being said I would not be too surprised if you ended up as a D breast size

Implant Selection Process

+1

You should see close to a 2 cup size increase in size.  In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Implant size selection and cup size

+1

It is difficult to predict your final cup size because cup sizes are not standardized.  Cup sizes vary by designer.  I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning

2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Cup size selection is difficult to judge

+1

I do not promise a patient a cup size because this is a ticket to disappointment.  It is best to look for a shape or contour that you like.  In our office we use the Vectra 3D imaging system.  This allows the patient to visualize their result prior to surgery.  In one year of use and over 100 breast augmentations I have had no patient complain of an implant size problem.

Implant Selection

+1

Thank you for your question. I feel your implant selction will yeild the result which you are seeking . They are a perfect fit for your body size and you should be obtaining a medium to full C cup. Best of luck

Scott Loessin, MD

Seems Like A Good Choice

+1

For what you are interested in I feel that those implants would be appropriate. the important thing is for you to be comfortable with your plastic surgeon and his decisions. Make sure that he is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, and a member of the American Society of Plastic surgeons.

Itzhak Nir, MD, FACS

Cup size and implants

+1

Implant volume does not always correlate to cup size. Best to do a baggy test at home with the bra that you want to wear to get a volume range.

Asimetrical implants is wright/ colocar implantes asimetricos es correcto en tu caso

+1

definetely the cup will be the same  c or D

defitivamente se busca simetria de manera que las copas seran las mismas C or D

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Will I Achieve 2 Cup Sizes with my Implant Selections?

+1

I generally advise my patients that it's about 150-200 cc per bra cup size BUT it's more if you're relatively taller and have a broader chest, less if the opposite and it takes less to go from a AA to an A than from a B to a C.  So you have to put all of that together when you're trying to make this decision.  Even then, I try to suggest that it's more important to pick a size that will fit the body (and breasts) well than to focus on the bra cup size which, as is known, can vary widely.

I hope that this helps,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.
 As you can imagine, despite your good description of body type and goals, it is not possible to give you precise  advice online.

The best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “C cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.