Chapped Skin After Vi Peel

I had my vi peel done on friday. My skin has been peeling but I feel like my skin is chapped on day five. will this go away?

VI peel

+2

What you are experiencing is normal peeling process. you need to moisturize frequently.Choose a moiturizer you like, may try Aquaphor. Ask your doctor who did the peel for advise and proper treatment after examination to make sure there is nothing else

"Chapped" skin feeling after Vi Peel

+2

It sounds like you had a good peel, but now you need more moisture in your skin. Have you used all of the moisturizer in the Vi Peel take-home kit? If not, I would apply it more often during the day.  And be sure to use good sunblock daily as well.  If you have raised bumps on your face, you may have an infection. It's important to contact the office who did your Vi Peel and be seen by the provider there--a personal evaluation is much better than an online opinion.

Carmen Kavali, MD

Peeling process for Vi peel

+1

It takes approximately 7 days for the peeling process to be complete after a Vi peel. Moisturize more. I generally recommend four times a day.

Dina D. Strachan, MD