2 weeks post op Rhinoplasty, I have a dorsal hump, callus, and swelling. Is this normal? (photos)

I had rhinoplasty about 2 weeks ago to remove a bump off my bridge and give it more of a smooth flowing look to it, as well as tip refinement. I know my nose is still very swollen and the results aren't near finalized but I am beginning to notice and feel a hump on my nose. Is it a callus? If so, does it go down on it's own in most cases? I'm just so nervous, I paid so much money for my dream nose and now a bump has formed and I feel my new nose is not what it's all cracked up to be.

Fairly normal appearance two weeks after rhinoplasty.

+1
At the moment I don't see anything to be alarmed about. This is a fairly typical appearance in the early postoperative phase after rhinoplasty.

2 weeks post op Rhinoplasty, I have a dorsal hump, callus, and swelling. Is this normal?

+1
Still very early, if after 3 months there are still issues than you could consider revision after 9 months healing... 

Early result after a rhinoplasty

+1
Swelling, lumps and irregulariites are very common after a rhinoplasty and may take another 6 months to resolve. Give it time.  

Two weeks post rhinoplasty

+1
You may be seeing swelling after the bump removal. It is too early to tell. Give it 6 months to a year.

Residual dorsal fullness after dorsal hump reduction during rhinoplasty

+1
Sometimes there can be residual fullness after hump reduction during rhinoplasty due to edema or swelling of the skin envelope in that area.  When you press down on the bridge of your nose gently along your bridge, does it flatten ?  If it does, then likely it's welling.  If you feel a hard fullness, then there may be something more permanent.  Follow up closely with your surgeon as he/she may instruct you to tape or manually massage your bridge to ensure proper healing.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Still feel the hump after rhinoplasty

+1
We can see what you have noticed, and it is possible that the small bump will persist, but we will not know until you are further along. Stay positive as it may work out or just be a minor fix.

Re: 2 weeks post op Rhinoplasty...

+1

From your images (without the benefit of your pre-operative images) it appears that you are healing well for someone two weeks post a cosmetic rhinoplasty.

A better assessment can be made once the tissue is allowed it's proper healing period, and diminishment of all swelling.  In most cases this takes up to one year.

Thank you,

S.P. Maggi, MD, FACS
Austin Plastic Surgery Center

Sergio P. Maggi, MD

Swelling after rhinoplasty

+1
2 weeks after rhinoplasty is still very early in the healing process. The nose will continue to shrink and change over time. If you haven't already, then speak with your surgeon regarding any concerns you have.

Dr. Chaboki

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1
It is always difficult to assess the final result so early in the healing process.

Bump?

+1
I think you actually know that noone can tell you yet. it is natural to worry, and easy for us to tell you not to! Nonetheless, force yourself to be patient and evauate the result at the appropriate time. Even your surgeon can't say for certain at this point. Even if revision was necessary, it is unlikely it would be done before one year.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD