Changing from Unders to Overs, Mods to Mod Plus, Saline to Silicone...

I got my implants in Nov, pre BA:34B, 5'6, 122 lbs, slight sag, few stretch marks, goal: fill in loose skin, round perky look without bra. Now: mentor mods,under,350's filled to 405. Dia:13.3, pro:3.9,FULL 34D. Nice but too bulky & wide. After 2 mths, my left dropped & moved towards my armpit. It falls flat while on my back & hurts.Also major flex distortion. New surgeon: switch to overs,textured,Natrelle Inspiras,round,310cc, dia:12-pro:4 What changes can I expect? Thanks!

Changing from "under" to "over" the muscle

+1

I agree that the changes your are considering are big ones so please do your research.  The distortion you are getting from the implants being under the muscle will be taken care of when you place the implants over the muscle BUT there are also many con's associated with placing implants over the muscle.  I normally wouldn't recommend it but I would evaluate after examining the patient.  Make sure your surgeon has experience and is a board certified plastic surgeon.

Plane change for breast implant animation: know your options

+1

Mucscle flexion deformity with breast implants under the muscle, also called animation deformity, is actually fairly common. Switching to over the muscle will eliminate the problem but there are important trade-offs and another option to consider is the split muscle plane (see pictures on my website). One of the reasons implants are put under the muscle is for coverage and a more natural appearance, but the muscle is typically cut off of its attachment to the rib cage which is why it then pulls on the implant capsule. The split muscle plane moves the part of the muscle that would be detached back behind the implant, to its normal anatomical position, but leaves the upper part in front of the implant for coverage where it is most needed.

Richard Baxter, MD

Under or Over

+1

Changing the position of the implants to above the muscle may help with your contraction deformity.  However, if your breast tissue is thin, then your implant may be more apparent or lead to more rippling.  So, you will need to weigh the risks and benefits of the procedure.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Breast Aug Changes

+1

The changes you are considering are reasonable. The switching to above muscle will eliminate the un-natural muscle movement. The size difference is significant (405-310) and you didn't mention being unhappy with the size. I personally prefer smooth silicone implants because there is less rippling in my experience.

William H. Gorman, MD

Swithcing position of implants

+1

If you do not have alot of soft tissue coverage., you  may notice more rippling, but the flexion deformity shoudl be better.  Of course, the implants are not as wide and will give about the same projection.