Changing of my Implant?

I recently had my surgery, Ihave a 421cc silicon ,moderate profile..i like to have a more porojective look,,the top of my shest doesnt have enough volume...if i change that to 500cc high profile would i get the desire look?...considering that I am 5ft tall weight 107lbs. what is your sugestion for me? thank you

Implant Change?

+1

Without measurements and/or pictures I cannot give you any specific advice.  If you've only recently had surgery, wait until the 6 month mark to consider any revisions.  Your breasts will continue to change until at least that time.

Warmest Regards,

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Revision Breast Augmentation

+1

This is not such a straightforward issue as you might suppose, and to be most helpful would require a physical examination.  The most common misconception is that high profile implants will give you more upper pole fulness which is not necessarily true for two reasons: For any given volume, a HP implant has a smaller diameter than it's moderate profile sibling. This translates into the top of the implant being lower on the chest. The other reason is that HP implants tend to migrate south as your tissue envelope becomes thinned over time, allowing the breast to take on the 'ball in sock' appearance as well as having a loss of upper pole fulness.

You're petite size makes going with a too much larger implant difficult, but a dimensional analysis will give the surgeon the ability to determine what implant is best for your desired result, if there is one. 

If you had your surgery less than 3 months ago, you should sit tight until then for a better evaluation and planning for a revision.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Exchanging Implants to Improve Your Look: Some Basics

+1

Patients with silicone gel implants may find that with the passage of time, a different look may be desired.  If you have a moderate profile implant, the shape of the implant itself is quite flat and wide.  These implants have a large diameter for their volume.  If a woman is more petite, the implants may be too wide, tall, and flat.  I find that moderate profile implants work best for women who are taller and desire a real slope to the breast.  These give the least "round" look.   A moderate profile plus or high profile gel implant may be a better choice for a petite patient.  A consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon will be helpful to help you decide the best look for you. 

Stephen Bresnick, MD