Will changing from subglandular to submuscular help overall appearance? Is it hard to change placement?

I have 300cc subglandular implants atm but are not happy with the lack off fullness in upper pole and cleavage. I am now determent that I want to change to submuscular placement and my ps tell me I have to be prepared to change implants to 400cc to get the upper fullness I want and that I am to young to have a breast lift. I am 5" and weight 46, so im scarred 400 might look too big on me. I have some rippling on my right boob too..

Subglandular vs. submuscular

+2
Submuscular implants look more natural but have less upper cleavage/fullness. 400 cc implants are big but I would defer to your in person consult.

Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Changing positions of your implant

+2

is worthwhile only if it will achieve the result you expect. Implants below the muscle usually have a better transitions from chest to breast as opposed to implants above the muscle that eventually become rocks in socks. Your cleavage may be limited by your surgeon's willingness to exceed your natural breast dimensions as some surgeons simply won't do it. And if you don't want to be larger, why have a bigger implant? You need to discuss your concerns with your surgeon and if your surgeon isn't willing to listen, time to find another one.

Curtis Wong, MD

Under the muscle will give a more natural look

+2

Bolly: In general terms, implants placed below the muscle will yield a more natural result than those placed above the muscle. Whether you need a breast lift or not is completely unrelated to your age and is dependent on how much breast "droopiness" you have. Rippling will also be decreased by repositioning the implants beneath the muscle.

I agree you should go up 50 to 100 cc when you change implant locations. An implant of a given size will look smaller upon being placed under the muscle as opposed to above. I don't think you will look too big if you've been happy with the 300 cc implants above the muscle. I hope this helps.

G. Robert Meger, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Subglandular or retropectoral ?

+1

It is a general rule that in front of the muscle implants will give more fullness in the upper pole and a deeper cleavage. The draw back is more visibility to the implant and possible rippling. It is possible to change planes from behind the muscle to infront and you will need to see a surgeon to assess if this will address your concerns.

I hope that id of some help

Jeremy Hunt

Jeremy Hunt, MBBS, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Implant changes

+1

Without seeing you in person it is difficult to tell you what would be best for you. Rippling may be minimized in a submuscular pocket if it was in the upper pole.

Breast Surgery

+1

Seems like a lot of moving parts here. If you just want more upper fullness I would simply get you a bigger implant and not change planes

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

BBA

+1

Can you post some pictures please? It's impossible to provide good quality advice without seeing what your breasts look like now. To answer your second question - it is not a difficult surgery.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)