Changing from Saline Implants to Silicone in 2 Weeks Worried About Size 475cc HP Too Big?

I am 35 yrs old, 5'2" and 116lbs. I currently have 270cc saline teardrop implants unders. This puts me at a 34B/C ( depending on brand). My PS has recomended 475cc HP style 20 implants. I am very worried that these are going to be too large for my frame. I would like to have a end result of a large C/ small D. Is this appropriate for what my goal is? I also like the slope that I have now, just some more fullness. I was thinking that 400cc to 425cc will achieve this

Changing from Saline Implants to Silicone in 2 Weeks and Worried About Size

+1

Judging by your photos with your current 270cc saline implants, I would be concerned that going up as much as 475cc high profile implants may be too large for your stated goals, particularly if you are looking for a somewhat natural appearance.  We use a Mentor tapered sizing system that does allow you to try incremental increases to get at least some idea of what that additional volume will look like...again, I emphasize SOME idea. You can try on a 75cc, 100cc, 125cc, 150cc, etc. "additional" sizer to see what this would add to your current breast size.  Another option is having your surgeon deflate your implants with a needle and aspirate as much fluid as possible under sterile conditions so you can try on regular sizers "starting at scratch".

How to select a size when already augmented...

+1

With your surgeon's recommendation, you will be considerably larger.  If you really wish to visualize that before surgery, consider deflating your implants and resize with external sizers, taking into account the volume of the shell of the deflated implant (around 30 cc's) to help you choose something that will work for you and that you're comfortable with.  I have never been a fan of someone else telling you what size you should take and I never will.

Curtis Wong, MD

Suspect 475hp might be larger than you want

+1

you should discuss your goals again with your surgeon..... but i would worry that with your frame, those implants would look an awful lot bigger and more (?un-naturally) full in the upper pole than you might desire.

also remember that the bigger they become, the more likely they will become droopy over time.

Bruce K. Barach, MD
Schenectady Plastic Surgeon

Size selection

+1

Recommending implant sizes for you depends on multiple factors.  Selecting an implant size is dependent on patients' anatomy (height, weight, chest width, chest height) as well as patients' wishes.  It is hard to give you a recommendation without examining you. You should try some sizers and talk with your plastic surgeon.  Please remember that implant cc volume does not correlate with cup sizes. Also, try to look at pre and postop photos that reflect your body size and desired look.  Hope this is helpful.
Dr. Kim

Sugene Kim, MD

Best Breast Implant for Revisionary Surgery?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.
You will be much better off discussing your concerns and your goals further with your plastic surgeon as opposed to online consultants. Without direct examination and a full communication of your goals we are not in a good position to advise you precisely.

I would suggest further in-person consultation with your plastic surgeon. Communication  of your goals ( for example in front of a full-length mirror and/or with the help of goal pictures),  will be critical.  Using words such as “large C, small D” or “more fullness” can be a source of miscommunication.  As you know, cup sizes may vary from one bra manufacturer to another; therefore do not base your communication on cup size discussion.

Once you have communicated your goals you will likely feel much more comfortable allowing your plastic surgeon to advise you about the best breast implant size/profile that will most closely achieve those goals.
Best wishes with your upcoming revisionary surgery.

Implant Size Selection to achieve your goals

+1

I would need to take measurements of your chest wall to make any size recommendations.  I would utilize dimensional planning to make implant size recommendations for you.The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame.  It is you who will decide what you are comfortable with. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon should review this with you during the consultation.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Worried About Size 475cc HP Too Big?

+1

I'm with you on this one, and it sounds like you should have another visit to your surgeon to review your goals. From your photo my (unreliable) eyeball test makes you  full C, and 475 cc may make you larger than you would like. Consider doing a "rice test" at home. Find a stocking, fill it with 7 fluid ounces of raw rice, spread it out over your breast and put on a sports bra. That is about the difference between a 270 and a 475 cc implant. If that seems to large, then a 475 cc implant will be too large.

Thanks for your question, and for the photo. Best wishes.

Achieving a specific bra size with breast augmentation...

+1

Achieving a specific bra size with breast enhancement surgery is a challenge especially since bra manufacturers follow different design standards.  I encourage patients to use plastic baggies filled with material (ie rice) to various volumes placed in their bras to assist in sizing. This technique does not assist you in determining the shape and appearance of the breast but does work well in projecting the cup size after augmentation.  In your case, you presently have in place a 270cc  implant and are planning an exchange to 475cc. Your "rice test" would involve placing a 205cc( 475 less 270) volume of bagged rice layered evenly in your bra.  While it will provide you with a good idea as to your contours with clothing, it yields no information as to how the actual shape and form your breast will become when disrobed.

Chen Lee, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Changing implants

+1

As you already know, different  bra company's cup sizes differ slightly so don't get too caught up in a specific cup size.  Increasing your implant volume by approx 100 cc will make you about one cup size larger so your goals seem about right.  As the implant volume increases, the base diameter also increases...that is why your surgeon wants to change to higher profile implants to fit what seems like a narrow chest.  However, the higher profile implants will give your upper breast a rounder and fuller look that you say you don't want.   You may nothave the shape you like with the 475.  Possibly consider a moderate plus or style 15 implant with a volume closer to 400 cc.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Maui Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant size

+1

While an exam is needed I think given your picture and height and weight that a 475 HP will put you in the DD range. I hope this helps. I often will choose a moderate plus for people with your frame.

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon