Changed Shape of my Nasal Bridge After Revision Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I am 3.5 weeks post op after a revision rhinoplasty. I has a 2nd surgery ( 4 yrs later) to remove scar tissue/cartilage that created a supratip on the right side of my nose as well as nostril asymmetry. My original surgery removed a small hump from my bridge and the result was great, I only wanted to correct the supratip and even the nostrils. Now the nasal bone looks like it has changed shape, no longer refined and the supratip is forming in the middle with an obvious dent. Will this change?

3.5 weeks following revision rhinoplasty

+2

It is early in the post op period, and please do not take this as specific medical advice but it appears as if there is an inverted-v deformity.  I do not beleive that this is the result of swellling but instead detachment of the upper lateral cartilages from the nasal bones and/or a significant loss of cartilagenous septal support and/or excessive upper lateral cartilage reduction.  the first two are more likely.  while i hope that i am wrong about my assessment, there may be a new problem to fix.  with that said, please keep in mind that this does not constitute direct medical assessment or advice as that can only be done with a full exam.

San Angelo Plastic Surgeon

Changes after Revision Rhinoplasty

+2

There is swelling and your nose will change because it's only been 3.5 weeks since your revision. However, I feel another revision will be necessary to correct the inverted V deformity and the pollybeak.

Revision Rhinoplasty

+2

Hi,

It looks like you have a couple of issues going on. From your profile you have an obvious pollybeak and over-resected nasal dorsum. From the frontal, I see an inverted V deformity of the nasal bone and a persistant bulbous tip. I dont think any of that will change unless you have another surgery.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Will early supratip swelling change

+1

Yes is your answer it will change with time. The most swelling after a revision is in the area of the revised part as yours is. Be patient and work with your surgeon in the difficult waitng period

Richard Ellenbogen, MD