Change the Arch of Your Eyebrows? (photo)

Hi I am a male, my eyebrows are arched which makes my face look feminine. Is it possible that surgery could make my eyebrows more horizontal/straight-across? I want a more masculine look. What kind of surgery should I opt for? Thanks!

+2
The easiest and most cost effective solution to fixing the unwanted arch in your eyebrows would be Botox. You will see the results quickly and it is a much less invasive alternative to surgery.

+2

Before any surgery consider exactly placed BOTOX units to lower the lateral brow arch. Only see a true expert in BOTOX injections!//

Treatment for arched eyebrows

+2

I would agree that Botox would be your best and easiest option to lower the arch on your eyebrows.  I'm not sure how old you are, but as you age, the arch may lower a bit on it's own.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Removing Arched Eyebrows

+2

Many men ask about removing the arch of their eyebrows.  An quick and easy trick to removing the arch of the eyebrows is a small injection of Botox Cosmetic above the arch.  You will see the results after a couple of days and the results will last 3 to 5 months.  This would be my recommendation before any type of permanent surgical procedure.

Good Luck.  

David Shafer, MD

Masculine brows

+2

The good news is there an easy solution for the arching of your brows. Botox placed above the arched point of your brow can weaken the frontalis muscle that is arching your brow. Not only is it an easy solution, it should be rather inexpensive as only a few units are necessary per side. I would highly recommend you try this route first prior to any surgical options. Best wishes.

Manuel A. Lopez, MD
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Subtle Adjustment of Eyebrow Shape Possible with Botox

+1

An experienced Botox physician should be able to use the drug to selectively and temporarily alter the shape of over-arched brows.  Individuals eyebrow shape and position is widely varied.  Some portion of the shape is determined by the activity of facial muscles in the forehead and surrounding the eye, while hair pattern and bony anatomy also play a role.  Neurotoxin injections including BotoxCosmetic, Dysport, and Xeomin can be used to weaken portions of the muscle responsible for lifting the eyebrow to change its shape. 

I doubt that surgery would be a good alternative for the situation you describe.  You will probably notice that your eyebrow position and shape change as you get decades older.  Photos may help your physician understand your goals, but you should not expect to be able to match another person's appearance.  Best wishes.

Sutton Graham II, MD
Greenville Plastic Surgeon