How to Change the Full Lip Shape and Frown Appearance?

Hi, I would like to change the appearance of my full lips that frown down. Also, my chin that is not smooth and has a round 'ball' look in the center almost. Can I do so without surgery?

Frowning appearance and plastic surgery options

+1

I would agree with Dr. Oppenheim's recommendations. A surgical corner lift can be performed but is typically reserved for age related changes. Fillers to the labiomandibular lines and oral commissures (marionette lines) may be beneficial.

Botox and filler First

+1

You should try a non-surgical approach first.

From your photograph your main problem is your dimpled chin ( peau d'orange). Proper injections of Botox into the mentalis muscle would serve you very well. I would then recommend a subsequent visit two weeks later in order to inject a hyaluronic filler to smooth out the texture.

I would also recommend a filler for the corner of your mouth. My preference here would be Restylane since I feel it gives a little more of a lift than Juvederm . Perhaps, a touch of BOTOX ( 2 units per side) into the DAO ( Depressor Anguli oris) muscle. I do not see all that much of a problem in this region and feel you would require only a limited amount of BOTOX.

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist