Change in Scar After Breast Reduction Surgery

I had a breast reduction almost 10 years ago, and just recently have noticed that the vertical scar on the breast is changing. It looks like its puckering, not flat like it always has been? Why is it changing after so long?

Breast Reduction and Changing Scar?

+1

The change you describe is unusual. You should be evaluated by your physicians for exam and possible imaging studies.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastreduction.htm

Scar changes 10 years after breast reduction

+1
Normally, scars reach their full healing one year after surgery and I would not expect changes in the vertical scarring 10 years after surgery. My recommendation is that you consult with a breast surgeon and/or dermatologist to rule out any underlying reasons for this change.

Puckering scar?

+1

It is strange  that you would say the scar form a breast reduction would pucker after ten years.  You should probably have this checked out.