Is This Change Realistic? (photo)

Hello. I'm looking to get surgery in the hope of looking as good as I possibly can. I'm wondering if these changes which I illustrate in my before after pictures are possible. I'm looking here at a nosejob, chin implant, jaw implant, hair transplant and lip reshaping. I'm also wondering if there are better alternatives to silicone implants in the case of the chin and jaw augmentation. I want these changes to be permanent and to carry little or no side effects. Thank you very much!

Rhinoplasty and facial implants

+2

A combination of rhinoplasty and chin augmentation is an excellent choice when a retrusive chin is present along with a large projecting nose.  With the rhinoplasty procedure, the tip can be lifted and narrowed through tip refinement techniques as well as removing any hump across the bridge line.  It is also important to release the depressor septi ligament which makes the tip of the nose droop upon smiling.  The rhinoplasty is performed through closed rhinoplasty techniques and is done as an outpatient procedure under a brief general anesthesia.  The chin augmentation material is composed of silastic and is also performed as an outpatient procedure.  There is a small incision made underneath the chin in the submental area and the chin implant is inserted directly over the mandibular bone underneath all of the soft tissues.  Depending upon the size and shape of the implant, a nice projection to the chin as well as a slight vertical height and lateral width improvement will result.  Expect 2 weeks of bruising and swelling after both of these procedures.

Implants, hair surgery, etc.

+2

All that you mention can be done with a goal of improvement not perfection.  Remember you will have continued hair loss so you should read the advantages and disadvantages of grafts vs.  the Fleming-mayer Flap. 

Implants and facial change

+1

you can come close to most of your goals. I typically prefer medpor implants to silicone in men who want a very sculpted look. they feel more like bone and give a more chiseled appearance. I also use implant screws to secure them so they can't get displaced.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon