Can I change my nose in this way?

I know rhinoplasty can fix a hump, and refine a nose tip, but could it change how my nose is now to the one pictured on the right? What procedures would need to be done to do this?

Nose changes

+2

It would help if your glasses were removed.  A complete rhinoplasty would be required to achieve maximum similarity to the nose seen at right.  I think you have a good chance to get a similar result.

Talmage J. Raine MD FACS

Rhinoplasty

+1

With any rhinoplasty, you are limited to a certain degree by your existing anatomy. Thickness of nasal skin and the  size and shape of the bony cartilagenous vault certainly play a factor in what can safely be achieved. I think that using a photo of what you would like is important during a consultation, because it can better communicate to the surgeon what concerns you most about your appearence. Also important is finding an experienced plastic surgeon, who can advise you on what can realistically be achieved. I believe through a closed rhinoplasty (no external incisions on the skin of the nose), the dorsal hump can be improved and the nasal tip can raised.

Richard Ellenbogen, MD

Can I change my nose in this way?

+1

Can I change my nose in this way?  You can make your nose thiiner and more sleek, however to make your nasal tip as thin as the model's you would need an open rhinoplasty which will roatate your tip about 5 degress making your nose appear shorter than the models whos nose is slightly under-rotated.  You can compromise doing a closed Rhinoplasty and thin the tip less which would keep your nose at the current length (tip rotation).

Rhinoplasty results

+1

No one can predect an exact nose shape before surgery and even with computer modeling they are only giving you approximations on what is possible.  That being said, a nose similar the the one picturesd is achievable with surgery.  The most important factor is find an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who will be able to address all aspects of the nose including the airway, the tip, and the dorsum.

Adam Hamawy, MD
Princeton Plastic Surgeon

Getting the nasal look I want

+1

It certainly is possible to use someone elses nose as a guide to shaping your own. However, skin thickness, underlying bone and cartilage anatomy as well as the general length and width of the nose will help determine how successful the result may be. If you're using the model as a goal - an example of what you find aesthetically pleasing - then after a consultation with an experienced nasal surgeon you should have a good idea of how close you can get. The key here is realistic expectations. Best of Luck  Dr Harrell

Jon F. Harrell, DO