Can I Change My Round Eyes To Almond Shaped Eyes? (photo)

I have round eyes however i want to change them into almond shaped eyes. I want to raise the inner corner of my eyes down and the outer parts up. Is this possible?

Changing the shape of the eyes.

+2

Changing the shape of the eyes is NOT for you. This cannot be done without risk of making things worse. Your eyes are lovely--leave them alone.

Lower eyelid retraction.

+1

Usually I agree with the advice given by Dr. Mayer with regards to young patients who want to "change the shape" of their eyes, as the results are usually less than natural.

However, in your case, based on the photo you have posted, it seems that your lower eyelids are somewhat retracted, so that there is white showing [sclera] underneath your cornea. This actually makes your eyes seem rounder than normal. [It may also be possible that the way you have tilted your head may give this appearance, in which case what I have written below would not apply]

This condition can sometimes happen in patients with Thyroid Eye Disease, or it may be their natural anatomy. Although surgery cannot make your eyes look Asian [as you have posted], it can be done to more naturally make your eyes more almond shaped.

I have posted a before and after picture of one of my Thyroid Patients who had this surgery done.

If you decide to explore this further, I would recommend consultation with an ASOPRS trained Oculoplastics surgeon. You can find one close to you on the ASOPRS dot org website.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon