How Can I Change my Nose? Would Like it to Be Smaller and Without Such a High Bridge? (photo)

Hello! I have a nose with a very high bridge. I never had any procedures done on it. I want to, someday, get a rhinoplasty. I know I do not want my nose to be so big or wide. I want it to be smaller and more delicate, and to look good from every angle if possible. I don't know how much work would need to be done, or what shapes I could achieve from it. I am afraid of getting a nose that looks like a wave or S from the side because the bridge was lowered but the tip is high. What should I expect?

Changing the nose with rhinoplasty

+2

It is possible to make improvements to the nose with rhinoplasty, and achieve a result that is both aesthetically pleasing and natural. The nasal hump can be reduced, as well as the width of the nose. If you eventually decide to have a rhinoplasty, I would recommend choosing a board certified and experienced rhinoplasty specialist. He or she may use computer imaging software to morph a photo of you and give you an idea of how the final result of surgery may appear. This also serves as a great communication tool, as you will be able to critique the image and give feedback. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

I agree...your bridge is too high

+2

You would be an excellent rhinoplasty candidate. From the photos that you posted, it appears that not only is your bridge too high, but that your nasal bones are also a bit too wide.You would really benefit from having your nasal width narrowed. I would also like to see you with a bit more nasal tip projection. Take a look at the video below to get a better idea.

Kevin Brenner, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty

+2

Based on the photos you provide, the nose could be further refined and define to give you a natural looking result.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you in achieving the results you seek.  Computer morphing will help you to see what you can look like after surgery.

Kimberly Lee, MD

High bridge reduction rhinoplasty

+2

Reduction of the high bridge is performed by shaving down both bone and cartilage along the bridge line to the appropriate profile. Narrowing the tip can be performed with a combination of suturing techniques to the nasal tip cartilages or removal of cartilage  from the tip. Osteotomies will also be required to  narrow the  bony bridge. This is all performed through close rhinoplasty techniques and is an outpatient procedure under general anesthesia. Virtual rhinoplasty imaging software is available on our website for you to get a better idea of what  your nose may look like.

Well-performed Rhinoplasty Surgery may result in a smaller, more effeminate nasal appearance.

+2

I reviewed your concerns and your photos:

Your nose appears wide on your front view, and you also appear to have a large profile hump. Well-performed rhinoplasty Surgery may be considered to improve these issues. When you're ready, you may consult several rhinoplasty specialists to see what might be best for you.

Hope this helps you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dorsal Reduction - Bridge reduction Rhinoplasty

+2

Hi,

It looks like you have a dorsal hump. This can be shaved down with a rasp and the tip and nasal bones refined. You can get computer imaging of your nose to see what your nose would look like after the surgery. Feel free to send your pics the weblink below.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Reshaping a larger nose for a better look

+2

Your nose is a little too high, a little too wide and the tip a little too wide.  Standard reduction rhinoplasty techniques by a highly qualified Plastic Surgeon should be able to achieve a more aesthetically pleasing nose.  You should do your home work to see before and after results and chose a board certified Plastic Surgeon who specializes in doing a lot of noses.  While every plastic surgeon can do a rhinoplasty some have vastly more experience doing noses.  Sculpting a nose requires a good eye for aesthetics and years of experience. 

Benjamin Chu, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Natural rhinoplasty for slightly humped nose.

+2

The hump can be made straight and the tip refined etc. Make sure you see a very experienced surgeon who does natural rhinoplasty. 

Dorsal Hump Correction, Nasal Width Reduction, Tip Reduction with Rhinoplasty

+2

Dorsal Hump Correction, Nasal Width Reduction, Tip Reduction should all be achievable with Rhinoplasty.  The shape of the profile does not have to be scooped out.  I think you could get a nice proportionate result.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Lowering high bridge

+2

You should be able to achieve the changes you describe using rhinoplasty. A really helpful step in the consultation process for you would be the digital morphing to simulate how taking down the bridge somewhat will change the overall appearance of your nose, especially from the profile view.

You can learn more about bridge bump removal and rhinoplasty in general at my web reference link below.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD