Can I Change my Lips Shape Through Fat Graft?

Hi doctors. I had a lip reduction done last month and the result was very depressing. I can no longer stretch my lips, laugh out normally anymore. I was guessing that the doctor had fixed my mouth size with the stitches. I couldn't smile 'properly' and the shape is awkward. It looks like I'm giving a frown all the time. Is it possible to 'revert' back to how wide my smile was? Cutting the side of the lip or anything? Thanks!

You can change the shape of your lips with fat grafting, hyaluronic acid fillers would be better. fillers would b

+1

You can change the shape of your lips with fat grafting, hyaluronic acid fillers would be better because they are more versatile in changing the shape of lips and totally reversible it you don't like your new lips.

Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Don't revise lip surgery for at least six to twelve months

+1

You may be very happy with your results, it just takes a lot of months for swelling to reduce and the lip to take on its new normal shape. Follow-up closely with appointments with your surgeon.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Lip Reduction Causes Temporary Lip Tightness and Unnatural Lip Movements

+1

The initial effects of lip reduction can feel quite unnatural. Because a scar is put from one side of the lip to the other, it is normal to have tightness and even some unnatural lip movements. Despite these early inconveniences, there should be no long-term problems with lip movement however. I would give it at least 6 months to allow for scar softening and complete return of suppleness to the lip. I have never seen any permanent problems like you are describing with lip reduction procedures.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Trouble smiling after lip reduction

+1

IMHO, you should not have anything down to your lips right now. Lip reduction can create stffness and swelling for up to 6 months before everything is soft and supple again. You should wait that long and see what the final result really is.

Lip lift/reduction

+1

A lip reduction should soften over time and should not impact your smile or motion significantly. If you have concerns you should speak with your surgeon and be re-evaluated.

Lip lifting

+1

Lip lift should not interfer with the shape of the lips or the smile, unless the surgery involved the muscle, which it should not.

It is possible that you are still swallen and the problems you are experiencing is due to swelling. Consult your plastic surgeon who did the surgery.

Time is on your side. Do not do anything now give it 3-6 months for the scar to soften and mature. Massage may help at this time. Keep the follow up with your surgeon on a monthly basis, follow his/her advise.

After 6 months reevaluate with your plastic surgeon. Another plastic surgeon's opinion would not be of any harm.