No Change in Nose Post Rhinoplasty?

i had open rhino on 7th feb 2013 in India. i asked my PS to deproject my nose reduce the width (alar base+nose bridge), debulk the bulbous tip.now m 12 days post surgery n my nose looks no different. when my PS removed the splint on 16 my bridge was very slim (the base was still swollen and looked like a ball) i loved it bt now its back to what it used to be. PS says that i have to give it 6 months to see the changes bt m not convinced.other things may contract but i don't think that the alar base would?

12 Days after Rhinoplasty and No Change

+2

Open rhinoplasty results at 12 days after alar base work will undoubtedly be swollen.  There is no way to comment intelligently on this without before and after pictures except to say that your nose will likely change a substantial amount in the next few months.  No change today may be a nice change in 3 or 6 months.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty results take time

+1

I would make sure to give this plenty of time.  In the world of rhinoplasty, the first month is usually a difficult time to know what the end result will be.  Be sure to follow-up with your plastic surgeon.

Jay Calvert, MD